Hello folks. Every heart disease has its own risk factors. But I was chatting with my friend a couple of hours ago and she told me that coronary heart disease has a lot of risk factors and that those risk factors can be very dangerous. Even more dangerous than any other heart issue. I don't know a lot about it, I had one neighbor that was diagnosed with coronary heart disease but I never understand its risk factors. So, is there any possibility for you to tell me what are coronary heart diseases risk factors? Any information will be good.

Tnx!

Hey there Make Me Coffee. I hope that you are doing fine.

Coronary heart diseases has a lot of risk factors, like any other heart disease.  But the good thing is that those risk factors you can control. Now, those risk factors you can control include: diabetes, pre – diabetes, smoking, and obesity, overweight, maybe some lack of physical activity, unhealthy diet program, and stress can be one of the risk factors as well and most common is high blood pressure.

Now, there are those risk factors that you can’t control, and that is age, gender and family history disease of coronary heart disease.

I am doing fine, thank you. Is this really dangerous? I mean, how to prevent some risk factors that may occur. I was informed that age, gender and family history disease of coronary heart disease you can't change, but also I didn't believe that there is such a thing like unhealthy diet program that you can follow. What this means? I believe that you wanted to tell us that it can happen if you are not eating healthy and if you are not following any kind of diet program, right?

What is the biggest risk factor that can happen?

Tnx. 

Good day everyone.

I agree with La Yl La. Everything that she wrote here is true. Generally, risk factors for coronary artery disease were not formally established until the initial findings of the Framingham Heart Study in the early 1960s. I was just reading about this a couple of hours ago. The understanding of such factors is critical to the prevention of cardiovascular morbidities and mortality. And those critical factors are exactly what La Yl La tried to tell you. There are also certain medical conditions that can be risk factors for coronary heart disease. One of those issues is also a HIV infection.

Hi Make Me Coffee, Like La Yi La already told you, all of the risk factors except for age, medical history and gender can be prevented. Well, medicine progressed that good that you might even be able to change your gender if you want to. I think that smoking is a big risk factor for every single heart disease. Smoking can damage and tighten blood vessels, lead to unhealthy cholesterol levels, and raise blood pressure. Smoking also can limit how much oxygen reaches the body's tissues. Usually the first step towards treating some heart condition or disease is always stopping to smoke, which is the hardest thing in the world for most of the people.

Smoking is indeed a big risk factor. No wonder there are so many people with heart diseases out there when smoking is a big problem of today. 

Unhealthy blood cholesterol levels are very important to control. This includes both high LDL cholesterol (sometimes called “bad” cholesterol) and low HDL cholesterol (sometimes called “good” cholesterol).

High blood pressure is also very important to control. Blood pressure is considered high if it stays at or above 140/90 mmHg over time. If you have diabetes or chronic kidney disease, high blood pressure is defined as 130/80 mmHg or higher. (The mmHg is millimeters of mercury—the units used to measure blood pressure.)

I don't know, a person should take good care of all the risk factors of coronary heart disease. They are all more or less equally important. For example, controlling diabetes is also very important, but like I said, it is as important as controlling other risk factors.. With this disease, the body's blood sugar level is too high because the body doesn't make enough insulin or doesn't use its insulin properly. Overweight or obesity can also contribute to the development of risk factors. The terms “overweight” and “obesity” refer to body weight that’s greater than what is considered healthy for a certain height.

You are right Guest, all of the risk factors are indeed very important. Unfortunately, people aren't paying attention to any of these at all. That is until they get some kind of a heart disease that is. I didn't care about anything when I was younger as well, but as you get older you really need to pay more attention to your health. I personally hate smoking the most. It is like, you are paying for something that can destroy your lungs, that will destroy your lungs eventually, and which can cause you more trouble than you are even aware of.

Hey Adria,

I agree with you, smoking is indeed a big problem but you can't really do anything about it, and plus there are bunch of other problems and things that people aren't paying attention to. For example, lack of physical activity can contribute to developing coronary heart disease, or any other heart diseases as well. Now, people don't mind about this either. This isn't the only thing that this can cause, if you don't exercise, you just can't be healthy. I don't know, I just can't understand these people today and I stopped trying some time ago, let them live like they want to live.