Hi, I have a friend who is a vegan. He basically avoids any kind of animal food. I personally don't think this is healthy, but I respect his choice. However, there is one thing that we do not agree on. My friend says that people who eat vegan food can be bodybuilders. I know that you need to eat plenty of protein if you want to have muscles and that vegetables do not contain these molecules. So can you tell me are there any vegan bodybuilders?

Hi, being a vegan means you have to eliminate animal products from your diet, but this does not restrain you from doing anything in your life. This considers bodybuilding. So to answer your question is that there are vegan bodybuilders. It is true that animal products, like meat, eggs and dairy products are much richer in proteins than vegetables and fruits. However, you are wrong to think that vegan food doesn't contain any proteins. In fact, all of the amino acids present in animal products can be found in vegan foods too, just in different amounts. So if a vegan bodybuilder intakes a required quantity of calories, there is nothing stopping him to build the muscles. The most important thing is that vegan bodybuilders eat a variety of products in order to obtain all the necessary amino acids. I hope I have clarified things for you.

There are competitions for vegan bodybuilders. they are not very muscular, look it up.