i like to use natural remedies to fight off infections and viruses. When i have a cold i use a black elderberry syrup as it contains lots of antioxidants and is good for keeping me healthy.
However, i would like to know what other immune boosters people use and how effective they are. I think it is always useful to have a variety to change between so that your body doesnt get reliant on any one thing.
thanks

Excellent question!

Some of my most favorite things that I use to boost my immune system are peppermint, green tea, ginger, lots and lots of garlic in basically everything I eat, turmeric, honey (especially Manuka honey which is used for wound healing as well), chamomile, and stinging nettles. Many of these things can be used in tea, of course, which is a great way to get as much goodness as you can. Try to incorporate ingredients that will give you an immune system boost every time you have a meal as well, though. Prevention is better than the cure, as they say, and that starts with good food.

The most fortified nutrients on the planet can be found on our rich volcanic mountains and in our vast oceans. Nutrients from organic whole-food sources are most readily absorbed by the body and are best for boosting the immune system and general wellness. For more information visit:

*** edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Check out your body pH. Keeping it slightly alkaline keeps illness and disease away.

Most people think just supplements can help. But honestly, if you have an acidic body pH (like most Americans), supplements won't be very effective because the body can't utilize them properly.

Hope it helps!

Research is now showing that probiotics in the form of acidophilus supplements support the immune system. they're also good for the digestive system and there are some reports that if you get allergies such as eczema and asthma they can help that too.

Great that you want to work with your body to keep it strong.

Jane

Hi Jane,
It is good that you have mentioned this. I've heard something too about this, but I don't have much info. Can you provide us with more information about this?

my doctor told me to eat a lot of fruits, especially those in yellow color.

Well fruit is full of healthy stuff. Also it is not good for your system to just eat fruit. It is important to et other food as well.
You have a lot of vitamins in fruits. Lemon is full of Vitamin C that will boost your immune system for sure. :-)

I heard a lot of immune boosting supplement and one that stands out from all of them is red reishi supplement. It works by strenghtening your metabolism and immune system. There is a lot of great info at members are taking this supplement with a lot of success.

Goji Berries are ranked by David Wolfe #1 SuperFood in the World. and #1 food for your immune

Great info\

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Beta-glucans are shown to boost immunity and stimulate the immune system, you can find them in natural foods including mushrooms and baker's yeast, and as supplements, such as the Vitalize Glucasan and Glucamune which contain purified 1,3-1,6 beta-glucans.

so far i haven't taken any supplement or vitamins other than ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed and my family as well. it helped out to boost our health and has enhanced our wellbeing.

immunity is basically a resistance to a disease.It is generally said that what can a person do best for his health is that he can boost his immune system is the single most important thing you can do for your health.The best immune booster is lemon because it helps in restoring the acid alkali balance.

Taking about immunity.If we define this term,it means who much our body is resist to diseases.It is an important part for remaining healthy;is to increase your immunity to the diseases.You need to eat protein rich food.This is a natural way to increase immunity of a person.

As mentioned earlier, probiotics are now shown to be very important for natural immunity.  As far as supplements are concerned I strongly looking into a product called "Cyto Ess".  This is a supplement made from bovine infused colostrum and is the real deal.  The active ingredient is Ai/E-10.  Look it up.  there are a few great sites that sell it, jigsaw health and healthy solutions 4 u.  ;-)