Hi, folks. We hear how vitamins are important all the time. However, I am not sure we know enough about all the vitamins. For instance, I don’t know much about vitamin K. Can anyone tell me why this vitamin is important? I would really appreciate this piece of info. Thanks in advance.

Hi, there. Vitamin K is the only vitamin that human can produce totally. To be more precise, intestinal bacteria are those who produce this vitamin. If they function properly, a person does not need to take vitamin K supplements or any additional amounts of this vitamin. This vitamin is very important for processes of blood clotting. The lack of this vitamin can lead to various bleeding disorders. Spinach, broccoli and lettuce are rich with this vitamin. There are two forms of this vitamin: phylloquinone – present in herbs and menaquinone present in animal food. I hope this is enough for you. Bye!