One thing for me (and this didn't come until about the last year) is I realize that the only changes that are going to happen to people happen naturally, with age and experience.

It's not possible (and, when it comes down to it, why would you try?) to change someone else. It's tough enough (sometimes impossible) to change yourself!

That she will never, ever be a morning person despite being married to a :fubby: :banana: who loves mornings

That I should have stayed single until I was at least 60. :P

1!!!! Having done both, I agree.
But seriously....it's taught me that if aren't friends to start with, and have that mutual respect for each other, you aren't going to be friends later on when the hearts and flowers stuff has mellowed. You've got to have a solid foundation on which to build if you want it to last. Don't be sucked in by the fluff.

That I can't run around the house naked as much as I would like.

That what I want for dinner only counts 1 out of 10 times.

On a serious note, after 14 years of marriage I have learned very much. The main this is that I love my wife more now than ever.

That two (or 5 as the case may be) can not live as neatly as one.
That there is an unlimited supply of sports on the television.
That 14 pairs of running shoes take up a lot of room.
That love really does get strong with time
And that happy marriage truly do exist.

That she is allow to tell me what to change; but, I'm not allow to tell her

What? If anything, I'd think that you could do it as often as you want. Oh, wait, is THAT why I never get anything done....
Marriage taught me that I am no longer the marrying kind. And it gave me a very healthy fear of committment.
We'll see what living with someone holds...I think it will be all good things...at least it is so far. It's definitely teaching me to be more flexible.

that if i put her God first her second and me third all will be just fine

that his annoying habits will still annoy me to the day I die.

but that it's a lot more fun running around the house naked and having someone chase you! :D
...and now he can't catch me unless I let him! LOL!
That marrying your bestfriend is a great idea! I know, I did.
Shelly

1. can't change another person, like you can't change the weather

2. marriage is hard work-there is no perfect couple. anywhere.

3. we all go into it with baggage. the baggage gets heavier as the years go by. let go of your baggage. travel light. carry-ons only!

4. nothin' like a little r-e-s-p-e-c-t and communication (no mumbling under your breath there buddy)

2. marriage is hard work-there is no perfect couple. anywhere. Got THAT right, sista.

4. nothin' like a little r-e-s-p-e-c-t and communication (no mumbling under your breath there buddy) Got one of those, too, do ya?

Hmmm. That sort of keeps a spark in my marriage. Oh how will I adjust when the baby arrives?!
TMI?
Edited to add that marriage has taught me a whole population of "lessons" and I am all the better for it. And oddly, they [the lessons] have made me a better wife.