Hi, I am in long relationship with boyfriend who I really like. We are intending to marry in the next several months. I would like to know what other people think about marriage because some of my friends, who are already married, told me it is completely different thing than relationship.

Hi, marriage is really something different than relationship. You will be able to see good and bad moments of your husband, also you will be in position to express your bad sides too. However if both of you have enough love and willing you will overcome problems which may appear and enjoy in your lives.

If you have never been married then marriage seems like an exciting new beginning. In some sense I guess it is. And for the long term, it's good to have your other half, as they say.

However the reality is that marriage is very difficult. I've been married for 10 years and I'm a 34yo white man. The first thing that will start to happen after you are together day and night is that you both will start to get annoyed with each other's habits. You just have to negotiate your way through it. Be willing to accept some things, insiste on change for others. Likeways be ready to change your ways, but don't give up all your ways. Takes a level of maturity for both parties. For this reason it's best not to have kids right away, it can make things really ugly.

With time things will settle down, but so will the excitement, the romance. So you'll have to think of ways to keep it alive. Do fun things together. When kids show up you'll have less time for each other but you'll have the joy of your kids. It's a balancing act.

With time I realize that the best way to keep a marriage healthy is not to expect too much, but be willing to give a lot. Think that you are there for your spouce, not the other way around. If both of you think like this, you can't go wrong. But it's difficult, very difficult. Oh, and keep all inlaws and parents out at all times. Their good intention will destroy your relationship in minutes.

My boyfriend and I have lived together for 1,5 years before we got married. Nothing has changed for me but he has been more emotional ever since we signed he papers.

We should have done it earlier!!!!! :-)

marriage is very very different than just relationship. it takes a lot of trust and faithfulness for someone to end up happy after their marriage. it takes time yet the one you think you love might not the one you will love forever. if you are willing to marry sum1 make sure that you can feel like they will love you forever and forever you will love them

In some ways it is, you start to notice all the little things that annoy you.....just talk about it find ways to solve things. never go to bed mad always say i love you before you go to sleep and get some snuggle time in!!