I'm not supposed to know it but the boss' daughter is getting married (she's 40 and recently divorced) very soon. The wedding is being kept very hush-hush around the office. Why would someone want to keep their marriage quiet?

Well, depending on what kind of a divorce settlement she has (i.e. alimony). That would be dishonest (and illegal). I can't really think of any other reason, unless it's so soon that she's afraid people will "talk" (if they still do that).

Or maybe she bet someone she'd never get married again and doesn't want to pay up?

Unplanned Pregnancy, no

I little brainstorming:
-Because she only told relatives and close friends (not work contacts)
-Because she doesn't want to feel obligated to invite more than they want
-Because she doesn't want people to feel obligated to give gifts
-Because she's pregnant
-Because she feels awkward that she's getting married so quickly
-Because she was cheating on her first husband with her husband-to-be

How'd you find out?

I think we can safely rule out the 'too soon after the divorce' issue. I think she's been divorced for over a year.

At one time she was dating one of the richest men in Atlanta (not Ted Turner).

Because she has the "hots" for a cow-orker named Purple, and doesn't want him knowing she is bedding down with another.

That's probably it.

Mr Poky and I eloped. We did not tell a soul including our parents until
afterwards.
And no I was not

Charles Barkley!?!

Charles Barkley!?! Nope, not a famous name, but he lived in this house. That round thing in the center is the house. Notice the private lake to the south. I'm trying to find the web site for the house but I can't remember the URL.

Well, if the first divorce was messy, and she doesn't want it getting out because she doesn't want to deal with BS from the first ex?

Or maybe she just dies not want a big to-do?

Unplanned Pregnancy, no
This woman has a goatee, no?

Maybe it is because she doesn't want anyone to know about the new husband. Maybe they are getting married so he can get his green card. He might be from another planet. Or an ex-convict.

Or maybe she doesn't want everyone to put a damper on it by reminding her how well her last marriage went.

:1:

People can be very nosy and also like to give unwarranted advice, no?