What can you not figure out what they did without?

I use my vacuum at least once a day. Between schooling the kids (little pieces of cut-ups from art, etc.) and all the other things 8- & 6-year-old kids do, I just don't know what I'd do without my Kirby.

Another is my iron. What did they do before they had them? Just go wrinkley?

I can go many days without ironing or vaccuuming. The key is wrinkle free clothes, and having the right colored carpet.

I'm going to go with a clothes washer here. No freaking way I would get everything washed by hand.

I don't even use my iron. I think i used it once when my girlfriend complained that my shirt was too wrinkly and she showed me how to use it.

For me, it's either electricity or pens. Electricity speaks for itself, but if you don't want to write in pencil, you had to dip your quill in a bottle of ink? Nuh uh.

air conditioning

air conditioning
I lived without it for 23 years. Cripes, my car doesn't even have air conditioning.

definitely a washer.

air conditioning
I lived without it for 23 years. Cripes, my car doesn't even have air conditioning. ding, ding, ding.........you're from MN....you probably heating your house right now!!!!!

Glasses/contacts.. if you had bad vision back in the dark ages, I imagine life must have sucked.

Showers. And lotion.

ding, ding, ding.........you're from MN....you probably heating your house right now!!!!!
It gets hot in the summer month!

I'll go with AC also. At my age now I don't know how I'd do without it on hot and humid days. I think we've had 30 days over 90 degrees this summer and the heat is usually accompanied by high humidity. I don't know how I survived three years in Georgia when I was in the army but I was only 19 -21 back then. I was 36 when I got the first one at home and I put it in my shop because that's where I was all day. The next year I got one for our bed room and the following year one for our living room Had it in my cars for 23 years and can't live without that now.

Indoor refrigeration. It must have sucked walkin' a ways to the crick to get a cold one.

The well was usually closer

It gets hot in the summer month!
Spend one month here. No, one week. You'll be crying for air conditioning, even if just to get the humidity low enough to stop the mold from growing on your arm. I moved here with a car that had no A/C in the summer 8O We're still not sure how I survived.....

I suppose the internet is too obvious. But I do wonder how anyone ever got anything done, or researched products, or got news other than what was force-fed by the networks. Well, actually I do sort of remember spending hours on the telephone, buying whatever the store happened to have, and trying to listen to the BBC over a shortwave radio just to get some believable news.