I must admit that I am a bit frightened in front if a fact that I will become a father soon. My wife is pregnant and these five months for me passed like five days. I am learning as much as I can about the babies and I am not so certain I understand the concept of a social anxiety disorder. What is that-I need some info?

I think that you are confusing two very different terms-social and separation disorder. Separation issues might happen in a very young age, after only 6 months of baby’s life, when the child starts realizing who are its parents and starts crying each time they are gone. Social anxiety disorders are something that come later in life, and include several conditions, such as shyness, timidness. Although, we can debate a lot on the subject if those two mentioned are actually problems or not.

if you or your wife have never experienced social anxiety disorder you really have nothing to worry about...