I think I might have social anxiety but I have no clue who to talk to and I am also scared of what they might say. I have tried to talk to my parents about problems before but they just brush it off and tell me that I'm being influenced by what others are saying. I think I have social anxiety because over the past couple of years, I have found it increasingly difficult to talk to teachers at school or other people of authority. When I'm asked a question in class, I come out in a sweat, I blush and sometimes I even feel like crying. I also find it difficult to talk to new people or be in different situations. Recently, I was in a situation with complete strangers and I had to hide in the toilets because I was so anxious. I get stomach aches whenever people ask me to give someone on a call on the phone. I hate talking to cashiers in ships or asking them for help. I guess I am worried that I am just over exaggerating the situation and that there is nothing wrong with me. But I had to get this off my chest.

Hi Pinkie

If what you are experiencing is affecting your daily life you are not exaggerating.

Was there a particular event that happened to you and that started to trigger these feelings?

Everyone has their own comfort zone and often when we have to stray outside of it that can cause some anxiety.

Finding ways to manage your anxiety and learning better coping methods may help you deal with the different situations that seem to trigger you.

The place to start would be talk to your parents if you feel you can’t do that write everything down and tell them what is happening how it is affecting your daily life and why you feel you need to write the problem down for them.

They need to get you into see your doctor or if you are old enough to make an appointment on your own that is an option as well you could even talk to your school councillor.

Your doctor can get you into see someone that specializes in this type of thing and they can figure out what is going on along with helping you to develop relaxations techniques and ways to manage your anxiety.

There is help out there and you don’t need to try and deal with this on your own.

Well tbh I used to be the same im still kind of like that but im popular sorta now. People can be mean but honestly I don't know why you feel like you wanna cry lol . When finding a partner in class go to someone that seems nice . If the teacher calls on you smile and say the answer. Be more confident I promise you that helps. Teachers are really nice don't be scared of them. And they're supportative and can help you too. Tell them about it. But smile more and say hi to people moe. For example if you sit next to someone be like "hi I'm Brittany " or "man I'm so happy schools over soon"

I dont think you understand the problems with social anxiety. Its very difficult to have social interactions with large groups or people you aren't familiar with without freezing or having a panic attack. Social anxiety is not simply a state of 'shyness' or 'stage fright' but a mental disorder that can affect your daily life.