Hello, folks. My friend has been acting weird for last six months. I think that he is suffering from some sort of social anxiety. He doesn’t have friends like he used to have and he mostly sits home. Can anyone tell me what the best drug is for social anxiety? I would like to help him if I can.

Hello. Social anxiety or social phobia can appear. It is not as rare as people think. I would recommend you to try to convince your friend to visit a psychiatrist. You can treat this kind of disorder on your own. Maybe a psychiatrist won’t start immediately with drugs. Psychotherapy is also an important part of the process. When we talk about the medications, SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) are mostly used here. Those would be Zoloft, Prozac, Paxil and Luvox. I think that none of these drugs are over-the-counter ones.

Thank you for your reply. I agree with you. This is indeed something where professional’s help is needed. I will try to talk to him, although I am not sure he will listen to me. He was stubborn even when he was healthy, let alone now. If I manage something, I will let you know.