I have social anxiety disorder, something that has limited me a lot in my career options and something that poses new challenges now that I am a mother. I have never taken drugs, though I have been in therapy. I am considering drugs now, because my condition is worse than it was ever before right now. What do you think is the best drug for social anxiety disorder?

Have you been back to your therapist since you decided that you think you need medication for your social anxiety disorder? I think that this is a necessary first step. Or, if you no longer have the same therapist or have moved away, you can just contact any family doctor. I hope you will be able to find the right medication, and the right therapist.

Wow,

You have managed to function all this time without medications! That is really commendable and I can understand why you were avoiding taking drugs. But the good thing is that you are aware that you need them now and that you have decided to start using them. It should help with your symptoms and you will realize that all that fear of medications wasn’t justified.

Unfortunately you will have to consult your doctor about this matter. He is medical expert so he knows the best. Especially since you have been under therapy so by now he should be aware which medication is best for you. I believe that you will resolve your issues with medications. Keep us posted.