HI. I’m 42 and lately I was experiencing right ear itching and hurt. It was very strange to me and I went to doctor to have it checked. After few examinations he diagnosed me with otitis externa. He explained to me it was an ear inflammation and prescribed me some antibiotics. But, I’ve heard that this could be much more than that. What is otitis externa? Is that something I should worry about or everything will get to normal after I finish my antibiotics treatment??

Otitis externa is a serious ear inflammation. It can be successfully treated with topical antibiotics but even better choice is treatment with systemic antibiotics. Check which one you use. Inflammation usually occurs when too much water gets in the ear. An infection can also develop if you injure the skin there. Even though it is a serious ear inflammation, it is treatable (as mentioned) and has no other greater consequences. So, you should not worry too much about it – just make sure to take your treatment correctly.