Hi! My daughter has Bacterial labyrinthitis. She has dizziness, nausea and vomiting. She also have problem with hearing. What is cause of this disease? Tell me something about treatment. Does her hearing will return to normal?

Hi! I also had problem with this disease, disease last about two weeks. Labyrinthitis is an ear disorder characterized by inflammation, irritation and swelling with presence of extra immune cells, of the canals of the inner ear which causes dizziness. The cause of labyrinthitis is unknown, but because it commonly occurs following otitis media (ear infection) or an upper respiratory infection. Labyrinthitis usually runs its course over a few weeks. However, symptoms may need treatment. Doctor may prescribe an antibiotic to treat the infection. Recovery is usually spontaneous and hearing usually returns to normal.