Can otytus media cause hearing difficulties? My son had it twice in last 6 months. I’m worried about consequences that may occur. I’ve noticed that he used to turn tv up and talked louder than usual. He was treated with antibiotics for about 10 days last time. Can these infections lead to some more serious condition?

Maybe you should pay more intention on your kid’s immunity. Keep him away from tobacco smoke and be sure that he washes his hands thoroughly. Hearing difficulties are not uncommon in otitis media, because fluid that is present in ear makes pressure and may block sounds. There is no single approach for treating otitis media in kids. I guess that he should be examined by otoscope through which is ear drum seenable. Management of ear infection includes many factors that could bring to infection development.