One friend of mine read in one article that the great interest of clinicians in Picamilon might be attributed to the unique combination of its pharmacological properties. Off course, this does not mean anything to me, but my friend seems to be interested. I think his sister used Picamilon once. That is why I want to help him giving him info about this. Can you tell me anything I could tell him because I cannot help him other way?

Picamilon possesses high cerebrovascular activity, which exceeds the effect of cinnarizine, papaverine, xanthinol niacinate, and piracetam, which are its ingredients. One of the most important components is its nootropic effect, which determines its clinical use to a significant degree. Picamilon has a unique tranquilizing effect, and the manifestation of action is inferior to diazepam. In this case, Picamilon does not cause a myorelaxation effect, such as some other similar drugs do. The important property of Picamilon is the ability to restore quickly mental and physical fitness for work, which was lost through overstress of most patients. Clinical experience with application of Picamilon shows that it is effective for ischemic disturbances of cerebral blood circulation. Furthermore, it is effective and for discirculatory encephalopathy, vegetative dystonia, and for prevention and treatment of the simple form of migraine. Picamilon has proven an effective medicinal treatment for patients with disorders of a neurotic level, with anxiety, fear, emotional and vegetative instability. Picamilon finds a use in the complex treatment of alcoholism. The list of indications for prescription of Picamilon is constantly growing, because it possesses favorable properties in opthalmological practice in the treatment of primary open glaucoma.