Hello, folks. I have heard about homeopathy. Some people say that it can really help them. Others claim that they haven’t experienced any benefit. I would like to know why homeopathy does not work for everyone. Can anyone tell me something more about this? I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Hi, there. Homeopathy is something that was invented in 18th century. Its basis is that curing “like with like”. It mostly uses placebo effect. However, there is no evidence that this really works. Official medicine and doctor do not recognize homeopathy. There is no clinical trial that could prove this. You can consult some experts for more details. I hope I’ve helped a little. Bye!

Hi, there. Homeopathy has a unique approach. It uses something to cause similar symptoms like that disease has. This trigs the organism for “self-healing” process. I don’t believe in this. It sounds little silly to me. The fact that there hasn’t been any clinical trial to prove this only makes my belief stronger. Maybe some other people wouldn’t agree with me. I would like to hear them. Bye!

Hi, everyone. You are right. Similar with similar is treated. That is the basis of homeopathy. However, it cannot be applied for all diseases. Take cancer for example. How would you treat it in that way? You cannot cause “mild cancer” in order to heal the real one. I also have doubts in this discipline. Maybe I am wrong, who knows. Bye!

No, it won't. Homeopathy's usefulness in a number of my patients with a variety of conditions, including autoimmune disorders, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, skin problems, and allergies.

As we are all so very different in our mental and physical makeup it is reasonable to expect that our reaction to an illness will also be different and individual. Illnesses which occurred many years previously, sometimes in childhood or even in our parents and grandparents, can often lead to areas of weakness in our constitution and a skilled homeopath may spend some time in tracing and removing these defects by the use of the correct homeopathic medicine.

another beauty of life is that not everything works for everyone, e.g. the same medicine works for some, and not for others. you gotta find what works for you, and if it doesnt its not the right thing for you but still may be for someone else. In 2003, the vice president of genetics at GlaxoSmithKline cited figures showing that most drugs are ineffective for 50-80 percent of the people who use them. In other words, most drugs don’t work for most people. Drugs for Alzheimers and cancer were least effective, useful in only 30% of cases. (21) Aside from whether they relieve symptoms, these drugs can make little claim of curing any chronic disease. Whose drugs don’t work?

hello,

most answers on why homeopathy does not work are way to simplified. homeopathy WOULD work more often, if the correct remedy was taken. finding the correct remedy if a little more complex than with conventional remedy, for example, in conventional med, if you have a headache, you will take your favorite painkiller and expect some result ( though you may not always get it) with homeopathy, there will be dozens of remedies , but only one will be right for YOUR headache ( a bit like trying to find a pair of shoes that fit pefectly). The beauty of course, is NO TOXIC SIDE EFFECTS.

a lot of vets use homeopathy, how can that be placebo effect???

hope that is useful.