I have recently divorced and I have a lot of grief. Life has not treated very well, and I have been having terrible thoughts. I truly feel that life is no longer worth living without my wife. I was discussing some of these of these feelings at work with some colleagues, and they all agreed that I sound depressed, and that I need to get help. I do think there is a point to this, and I want help and to move on with my life. Banishing the depression and anxiety needs to be the first step. Only then can I move on. What do you think are the best drugs for depression and anxiety?

I tried alcohol once, but it did not really work all that well. It lasted for years and I ended up at the AA meetings in the end. It didn't do my liver any good either. Basically my advice is, get some help from a medical expert. Either a shrink or just see your GP and he can refer you. I ended up there in the end and then I needed help for alcoholism as well as depression.