Hi everyone. 
My mother sufferes from sever PTSD, clinical depression, extreme anxiety.
she cannot handle even the thought of being alone, even for an hour. She acts like a child. I feel i am raising my mother. She gets overwhelmed from even asking someone to turn a light off in the house, instead of just simply saying Hey could you turn the light off, its a HUGE ordeal. She has been like this for YEARS. I can't go into more detail, im afraid if i do i would be able to go on and on, and then no one would read it.
Please, help us. She has been to the best doctors in our area, and nothing. We want to find a place to send her to, like some type of healing center that she can stay at for awhile. Neither of us can live like this any more. Please help.

HI Coly Poly, There is a place in Walkerville that does healing with horses, i had a friend who was exactly the same and meds made it worst, he is perfect now, has a little baby girl and doing well, i am not sure of the name but Walkerville South Africa, maybe more places do it.

i have the same problem as your mother.. i'm 21.. i have it for a year.. and i'm only starting to become independent since jan 2012 again.. my opinion it is really about what the person wants.. because when i accepted the disorder and i didnt fight it anymore.. thats the time i started to become more independent.. i fought for myself and i realized that i have to stand alone.. the process is really stressful for both your mother and for you.. i have had depression, which i overcame.. with help from a specialist ofcourse.. normally i see the specialist every week.. now im seeing him ones a month.. it is a long process.. but i the mindset is there to overcome it.. it can be overcomed.. i know it because im experiencing it right now.. hopefully a center is not necessary for you and your mom.. and that your mom will be able to work it out for herself and for you :)

Hi! I have PTSD also. And I no longer have panic attacks or anxiety. I do take the occasional Xanax still but only in large crowds. The reason I have been so much better is because I got a device dog. I've had him for 2 in a half years. And he has been a blessing. Now if she doesn't have PTSD from war it will be more difficult to get one. I got very lucky. Also they are anywhere from 8,000-16,000 dollars. And yes it's VERY expensive. Some places donate them to you though. But for in exchange for your mother to have her life back, it's a great idea.

There also is a new study done, where they Inject the "epideral" into your neck. And about 2 shots get you back to Normal. I've met someone who was an Millard vet and he was choking his wife in his sleep, they got divorced. And he got this procedure and it changed his life, he is now remarried to her. Only thing is insurance doesn't cover it for PTSD. It's 1000 dollars a shot. Hopefully some of this gives you hope!

*service dog and *Military vet

sorry I'm on an iPod, it won't let you scroll up to check what you typed.