Hi! I have had a little trouble sleeping lately. I am not sure if you can call it insomnia yet, or what the criteria are for sleeplessness to turn into insomnia. But I am more than fed up with the insomnia, and I really want a good night's sleep again, even if that means I have to take drugs. What do you think are the best drugs for insomnia?

From reading your post, I notice that you have not been to the doctor for your insomnia yet? If you haven't tried over the counter drugs yet, then perhaps you should buy Sominex, which has helped me in the past when I have needed something extra to send me off to sleep. I have no experience with prescription drugs, so I am can't help you any more than that.

I really don't like to allopathic medication if it is not necessary, and I am a natural kind of person. I have heard that insomnia is caused by a melatonin deficiency. My 82 year old mother has been using melatonin supplements for around half a year now, and it really seems to work for her. Before that, she often did not sleep a wink. Now she is a lot better. I like the fact that melatonin is a substance that is naturally present in the body.

tracey1284 wrote: When it comes to prescription drugs the safest is Lunesta and it works very well I have been on it for sometime now and nothing to complain about.

Lunesta isn't always the best solution. With me, a heavy insomniac/RLL, sometimes it works and other times it doesn't; like tonight for an example. I take the highest dose allowed and I took it tonight; 3 hours ago and I'm still awake...uggh.