I can't stand this anymore! I am so desperate and I feel like I am going to cry. I am so grumpy, nervous... I never was in this condition before. 

I can't sleep at all and I believe that my issue with chronic insomnia is getting worse every single day of my life? What can I try to stop this?

I don't work, I am at sick leave but this is not a solution. It lasts for more than 4 months.

I need your help, I can't attend therapies anymore. They are not helpful. What are the best natural sleep aids for treating chronic insomnia?

Monserat, there are some natural sleep aids that might help you. It is totally understandable that you are feeling grumpy and nervous. When I don't sleep for two days like I should, I feel like that.

I just can't imagine how you feel, you are struggling with chronic insomnia.

You don't have to use pills. Some habits can help you. At least, they were helpful for my friends. You should try to establish a consistent bedtime routine. That means that you should try to go to bed at the same time every night.

Of course, sometimes there are some things that prevent this, but try to go to the bed most of the time at the same time.

Also, you should get plenty of exercise during the day. The more energy you expend, you will sleep much better. 

Celebrity

Hello.

I totally agree with this one, that you should try to go to the bed every night almost at the same time. I don't have problems with insomnia. Sometimes, it is hard for me to sleep as soon as I am in my bed, but this routine helped me. So now, whenever I can, I am going to sleep at 11pm.

You know what else can help you? I know that this sounds really bad when I say it because I can't understand the problem that you are dealing with, but try not to obsess about not sleeping. TRY! Instead of this obsession, try to tell yourself that occasional sleeplessness is not troublesome.

This is one of the ways how you will control your mind.

Try it, maybe it helps!

Hello there good people. I am trying to tell myself that this is nothing that bad and that I should focus on some other things, but it just doesn't work. It is all in my mind, of course. For example, whenever I go to my bed, the first thing that goes through my mind is - Oh, no. Won't I be able to sleep? What if I stay awake this night again? I can't stand this....
I can't help it. I have been to so many doctors, but still nothing. OK, I need to admit that I don't exercise so maybe I should try it. But I can't go to my bed at the same time because I work in shifts (when I am at work, my sick leave will be over soon - maybe I needed to think about this before). I don't know what to do, but because of this I am not able to focus at my life at all...

Celebrity

It is normal that you feel that way.

And I am sorry because none of this hasn't worked for you. Maybe you should try to add some supplements in your daily menu? Have you tried to do that? You should try to add more magnesium. It is well known that supplementation with this mineral has been shown to improve symptoms of fatigue in persons with low magnesium levels. That means that this will help you go to sleep.

Also, you should change your menu plan and you should avoid caffeine, especially at night. Also, you should skip dinner.

It works, trust me. 

There are so many things that can help you, but if you see that this won't work for you (some things that you have tried already) you need to be in constant touch with your doctor. One thing really helps - aerobic. If you get at least 45 minutes of aerobic activity every day, this is going to improve your sleeping habits. Of course, you can't start today, do 45 minutes of aerobic exercises, and then go to your bed thinking that this is it and that you will be able to sleep well. No way. It takes time.
Also, relaxing, hot bath can help you. Sometimes, it is all in breathing. I would suggest you practice daily breathing exercises, and the relaxing breath when falling asleep. It is also something that you need to learn, but it is going to help you.
Also, some essential oils and drops play a huge role in your sleeping habits. It is obvious that you need to change so many things.

Hello everyone.

There is one golden rule - Never actually try to fall asleep! It won't work, especially if you have problems with chronic insomnia.

If you try to force something, be sure that this won't happen. You are making a pressure for yourself and you won't be able to sleep at all.

Also, you should always go to your bed when you are tired.

I don't agree that going to bed at the same time will help you. I believe that this is just a myth. So, whenever you feel tired, go to your bed and I am sure that you will sleep well. At least, I hope so.