as a part of my anxiety treatment I’ve been taking Xanax for a few months now, together with Zoloft. However, despite the night dose of Xanax I’ve been having huge problems with sleeping, specifically with falling asleep. Despite how tired am I or when I take Xanax, I just can’t fall asleep.

Searching online I’ve stumbled upon information about Rozerem that should work precisely to help you fall asleep, and I’m definitely going to talk about this medication at my next psych appointment. What worries me though is - is it safe to use both Xanax and Rozerem at the same time?

when it comes to anti-anxiety medications such as Xanax and specifically designed sleeping aids, generally you'll fall asleep much quicker using sleep aid like Rozerem, but it's effects wear down pretty quickly so you might wake up after only few hours sleep.

However, these sleep aids (Rozerem, Lunesta) are generally non-addictive and won't cause you to experience physical dependency that can happen with Xanax, when it's used for longer periods of time.

One more thing you should consider is that Rozerem works similarly to melatonin supplement you can get over the counter, so you can try using melatonin supplement first and see if it helps your sleep pattern.