Hi, I am a college student and recently I have been under a lot of stress. The pressure of exams has got to me and I find myself unable to sleep. The insomnia has started few months ago and now I am completely exhausted. I dont know what to do? What do you think helps with insomnia?

Hi, insomnia is a very serious problem that can interfere with your everyday life. I havent had episodes like yours that lasted for several months, but I know how frustrating it can be to lie in bed all night and not be able to fall asleep. When this happens to me I have few methods I use to help myself. First of all, try going to bed at the exactly same time every night. Now this alone will definitely not give great results, but can be very helpful. Also, try not to eat heavy food several hours before you go to bed. Drinking coffee is also out of the questions in the afternoons. There is also one more thing I find helps with insomnia. I drink a coup of strong mint tea right before I go to bed. I find it helps me to relax. If none of this works you can try some over the counter sleeping meds. But be very careful. Even though these are sold without prescription they can have serious consequences if you use them too often. I hope this helps!

Hey there I have also started university and am having troubles sleeping. I took me about 10 weeks to get a decent nights sleep. I think subconciously I have been homesick even though i dont feel like i miss my family. I think regular contact with my family helped but doing an hour of quite intense excercise really helps and it will help with your stress as well. Good luck to you