hello everyone, i am confused about what is a normal fasting blood glucose level.  No one can give me a clear answer. I get a different response from my doctor, dietician, other people.... it is so confusing!  I think it has to be under 100 but I dont' know... does any one have any idea what mine should be?  I run about 105 to 110 each morning before breakfast but my doctor wants it to be closer to 90, my dietician says 100 is fine.  I think I should shoot for between the numbers and leave it at that.  What does anyone else have to say about it?  Do you have different ideas about it?  Thanks!

Hi guest,

Wow, it's hard to argue with a doctor but generally 70-100 mg/dL is considered "normal" but other consider 70-110 mg/dL.

90 is in the range.  Remember, you can always get another opinion.

Hello, guest! I believe you can and should go with the doctor's advice After an overnight fast, it is better to have your blood glucose level be under 100. It is said that anything above that (up to 125 mg/dL) is considered pre-diabetes so you will need to focus on getting below 100 if you can. You may want to start an exercise plan that entails nothing more than 20-30 minutes of a walk per day. Also if you are still having difficulty bringing it down, trying losing at least 10 pounds if you are overweight. This usually helps many diabetic patients manage their blood sugars. What are you doing to lower your fasting blood sugars right now? Has the doctor said anything about going on medication at this time? I would strive to add exercise to your program as well as losing a few pounds. This has great potential for your blood sugar management. Good luck with your diabetes management program and leading a healthier life!

Are there others that have had success in managing fasting blood glucose levels by exercise and weight loss? Please share your experiences!