Are men's fasting blood glucose levels different than women's? I'm just wondering because my girlfriend is a diabetic and so am I.gen

No the fasting blood sugar levels for both men and women should be the same, so it shouldn't be different for your girlfriend. The sliding scale for units of insulin will be different based on body size of a man to a woman, and type of insulin -- long acting vs. short acting -- and on your individual doctors' recommendations or standards of practice. Men have more muscle mass and your sliding scale will be higher and you'll most likely need more units of insulin to control your sugar. Are you asking because yours are set differently or because you're getting readings that are far different from hers?

My normal fasting blood glucose level is the same for me as my husband's. I don't think they get a special pass for being male or because they have more muscle mass than we women do. I think it's just body chemistry that it's based on. Are you and your girlfriend's levels vastly different in the morning?