My friend's mother was diagnosed recently with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. She has already beat it once, but it recently came back. We were relieved to hear that the survival rate for this cancer is about 98 percent. However, she was also diagnosed as of yesterday with stage 4 bone marrow cancer that metasticized (I hope I'm using the right terminology) from the Lymphoma cancer to the bone marrow. I've been searching all over the internet and can't seem to find what the survival rate is for this disease, especially since her stage 4 bone cancer is not primary bone cancer, but secondary since it started in the lymph nodes. I suppose that no one wants to accidentally stumble across the mortality rate on accident and websites are trying to protect their readers from this, but that doesn't help me. Does anyone know the survival rate for this type of cancer? Also, is bone cancer the same as bone MARROW cancer? Thank you so much!

[siI SAW THE QUESTION ABOUT THE SURIAL RATE WITH THE WOMAN WHO'S BONE MARROW DISESE HAS RETURNED. I NEER GOT YOUR ANSWER ON THE RATE AND DURATION OF= EITHER A CURE OR DEATH RATE. MY SON - IN- LAW HAS THE SAME ILLNESS. MAY I RECIEE AN ANSWER AN ANSWER.

THANK YOU

PHYLLIS HAF=NER

My husband was recently diagnosed with lymphoma. According to our oncologist, it doesn't matter if the lymphoma is in the bone marrow or not, treatment is the same. Having progressed to the bone marrow or other organs is what changes the classification of the lymphoma from stage 3 to stage 4. Treatment is the same and survival rate is good. Hope this helps.