I am choking in my sorrow and my problems because I can't tell anyone about what I am dealing with. I was diagnosed with bipolar depression, and you just can't imagine how hard it is for me to struggle with it alone. But I am doing it.

This really affects my health and I am refusing to see anyone. I am telling lies to my friends whenever they are asking me to go out with them. I know that they will notice that something is wrong with me, but I just don't want to tell this to anyone because they will look at me like I am different. I am not, I am just depressed!

I want to find some effective treatment as soon as possible. What is the treatment for bipolar depression? How effective is it?

Urgent! 

Bipolar depression is hard for you only if you are completely aware of your condition. People who are not aware that they are suffering from bipolar depression don't really consider themselves to be leading a bad or hard life, but unfortunately those who are spending time with them are the ones who suffer because of their condition.

The treatment for bipolar disorder is always the same: medications plus psychotherapy. When it comes to medications, it is your choice whether or not do you want to use them but you definitely need psychotherapy- cognitive behavioral therapy to be exact, this will be of much help to you.

You need this psychotherapy which Eating Boss is talking about, that is the only way for you to fight your bipolar disorder. Bipolar depression is only temporary and it will reoccur from time to time and last from a few days to a couple of weeks. You do need to see a psychologist anyway because of your bipolar disorder. I'll be honest with you - the chances that you are going to overcome your bipolar disorder are really, really small, but at least you can learn how to cope and deal with it the best you can, it can give some quality to your life.

Talking about effectiveness, it is not too effective but it is currently the only possible treatment for bipolar disorder out there. An extremely small number of people ever managed to completely get rid of their bipolar disorder and out of those who didn't manage to completely get over it there is a medium number of people who learned how to cope with it and how to live with it. You should start with your psychotherapy as soon as you can and your will need to be strong if you want to overcome this. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, I hope that you will get better.

It is the same with every personality disorder, it is who you are, kind of. That is why you cannot completely overcome it, like others have already told you, you even have about 50% chances to just learn how to cope with it. I know that it is not a happy news but it is how it is. The sooner you start the therapy, the better. First of all, before you even start the therapy, you have to believe that you will succeed in what you want to do. If you don't believe that you can do it, don't even bother trying.

Hello there.

I am sorry because you are going though this. I know that this is not easy for you, especially because you are struggling with it alone.  

But I think that there is a cure for you because you are so aware of your condition and that is really a good thing. People who are not able to face it are in huge problem.

The best treatment for you is therapy and medications. Have you consulted your doctor about this? Maybe it is a right time to start with it.

Don't hesitate to ask him whatever you want to know.

Guys, I am so grateful because I finally have someone who understands me completely! I just want to describe you how I feel but I can't. It seems to me that I just can't find the proper words. I think that I am getting worse day by day. Yes, I have spoken to my doctor about this issue and he told me that he should do some tests with me before he prescribe any type of medications. I don't know should I keep asking him about this or not, but I really want to feel good now. I didn't know that I was aware of it, but I am glad. Especially if this helps.

I don't know about treatments with medications (antidepressants). Look, while antidepressants are effective treatment for people with major depressive or so called unpolar disorder, antidepressants are not always as effective for bipolar depression. That is why I believe that your doctor keeps doing some tests when it comes to this. Generally, you need to know that when antidepressants are given alone to someone with bipolar disorder, there's a risk that can be really huge that this drug might ignite a manic episode in some patients. That is why probably your doctor is avoiding this. Treatment seems like a good solution for you.