My friends told me that what I am searching for doesn't exist, that I cannot possibly find a treatment for this chronic feeling of emptiness which is caused by my depression, they told me that the only way to get over this feeling is to get over depression but that is not so simple at all, everyone suffering from depression understand what I am talking about.

I was hoping that someone here might have an opinion which differs from my friends' and could possibly tell me that there is indeed a way to treat and get over these feelings of emptiness.

I don't think so Guest, this is something that always comes along with depression so in order to treat this, you will have to get over depression, that is why depression is such an awful disorder. You can try and use antidepressants, they might be of some help but I do not guarantee it. However, you should still talk to your doctor if you want to use any kind of medications, you shouldn't just take something without consulting with your doctor first.

You can try exercising, it can keep these kind of bad thoughts away from you, it might be useful.

Good day there.

Good therapy is the best treatment. But this feeling is something that most of the people experience at one stage of their life. Sometimes it is normal and it will go away, while sometimes that can be a really bad problem.

I agree with Eating Boss that usually this comes with depression. Those are one of the main signs of the anxiety. Generally, people confront feelings of emptiness in life for many reasons - for example if you lose someone who you loved, if you have some issues at your job, etc. Depends.

But in any case it requires the treatment. Contact an expert. 

I have to agree with Eating Boss on this one as well, I don't think that you can treat these symptoms either. I think that this is something which should be discussed with a psychologist, he might be able to help you out. I just hope that you are not one of those people who don't want to talk to a psychologist, there is nothing wrong with that, it doesn't mean that you are crazy or anything, you just need someone to listen to you, someone who is able to give you a good advice about how to carry on with your life.

I think love is the best treatment option for chronic feeling of emptiness. If you don't have love in your life, then you are in a lot of trouble, my friend. The lack of love could be the cause of depression, you know, if you are in desperate need of it.

Anyway, it gets a lot easier to deal with depression when you have someone to stick by you during this hard period of your life. What about those friends that you have mentioned, are they there for you whenever you need them? Because I think that you really need them now.

Eating Boss has a good point in here.

But there are several ways that can help you overcome your anxiety. The main problem is that a lot of people do have wrong vision about depression. Look, depression isn't a sign of weakness. It's not something you can just "repel".  It's an illness that requires professional treatment. And without personal treatment you can't hope to see some results.

In this case I don't agree that the love is the best cure for emptiness caused by depression, I think that the best treatment in this case are antidepressants, even if I am against it...

Good day. A hug of true love can help you a lot. I know that this sounds corny, but it is helpful. They say that nothing can help you like true love and in this case this is true. This is not a joke. This is classical mood disorder that really doesn't need any expert to help you. You can fight with it alone, but it is very important to understand what exactly your problem is. I know that one friend of mine was using antidepressant they did helped her, but it was not forever like she was thinking. So, I am very sorry 62Rafferty, but I believe that Nina 85 has totally good opinion about this one. You should try it and you will see that it helps.

Hello. 

I was wondering the same thing. One day I woke up and I asked myself "Why I don't feel anything"? I think that this was the crucial moment when I accepted that I am having a huge problem with my depression.

I felt nothing because of my depression, I felt empty as well. Like I am not a human anymore. 

I was refusing to see the expert even if my sister was telling me that this person is the only one who can help me. When I saw that this went really too far, I went to see him. From that day my life has changed and I don't regret for seeing him. Actually, this guy is my psychologist for years now....