Hello everyone,

I had a best friend in high school, she is the one person who I think will be my friend for the rest of my life. She went to live in another country to study and we see each other a couple of times a year. She is suffering from bipolar disorder, I know how awful this condition can be but she is actually really nice to me. 

Anyway, I talked to her recently and she told me that her bipolar disorder caused her to become depressed. Does anyone here know how difficult it can be to cope with bipolar depression?

Bipolar disorder itself is very hard to cope with and everyone suffering from this disorder is basically struggling with themselves. However, bipolar disorder doesn't really differ from regular disorder, the cause is different (in this case it is bipolar disorder) but the symptoms and the ways in which people act are the same.

Depression is always difficult. Have you ever met anyone suffering from depression, have you ever suffered from it? You can read on the internet and find out all the facts about it, it is one of the worst disorders out there, seriously messing with the quality of one's life.

If you ask me, I am almost sure that this is one of the hardest type of depression ever. For those who are diagnosed with bipolar disorder it is hard to cope with it and it is hard for those people who are surrounded with them. 

Everyone who is diagnosed with this depression is coping with himself, they can't understand themselves as well.

It seems that you are so powerless when it comes to bipolar depression. Living well with bipolar disorder definitely requires certain adjustments and all of those adjustments patient needs to talk to the doctor.  This person needs to get involved with the treatment. 

I don't think that it is too hard for people suffering from bipolar disorder, it is just hard for people who are around them because they are really the worst kind of people out there. I never had the chance to meet anyone suffering from bipolar disorder but I've read a lot about this disorder.

It is very difficult to deal with depression no matter what type of depression are we talking about. It is even hard for people who are hanging out with people who are suffering from depression because you want to help them but you just don't know how.

Sometimes I catch myself in self - pity for my diagnose with depression and anxiety, but when I see what people with bipolar disorder are going through... I just can't imagine it.

It is very hard for them. First, it is hard to understand what bipolar depression really is. People who are diagnosed with it sometimes don't have a clue what they are doing. One day they are perfectly fine with everyone and the next day they just disappear. 

Nobody knows why they are running away and from who, but they do run away. 

It is hard to deal with any kind of the depression, but I think that this is the worse because very often people with this kind of depression are not aware of their condition. 

This has got to be the worst combination in the whole world. I mean, like bipolar disorder isn't enough, now she is stuck with depression as well. I think that your friend is going through the hardest time of her life and I doubt that there is anything that you can do in order to help her. Even if you tried I don't think that you would succeed to make her feel better or anything. I don't even know what could she do in order to overcome this but I assume that the smartest decision would be for her to talk to her doctor.

I am also sure that this is the worst shape of depression ever. I just remembered one old friend of mine. He was coping with bipolar depression of his girlfriend.

No, he was not diagnosed with this type of depression but he was going through all those things that she was as well. He told me that he just doesn't know for how long he will be able to fight with it. 

It was draining him of his energy, and will to be with her.

They are still together, but I remember that one day I asked him - do you now even know how she feels? 

I don't think that I agree with you. Every type of depression is hard for itself. Also, it depends on how people are enduring it. Living with any kind of depression can be hard. Living with bipolar depression is also hard. The first step that person who has bipolar disorder needs to do is to see a healthcare professional and try to explain what exactly is wrong, what are the symptoms that this person is dealing with, and other parts that seem relevant. Your doctor may prescribe medication, suggest counseling, or a combination of the two. When he prescribes medications, bipolar patient needs to be under the supervision. For several reasons. But person who is diagnosed with bipolar disorder NEEDS to have a therapy.

Maybe you are right, but I still believe that every person with bipolar depression has different point of views and they all have different access to this issue. 

They just can't control their emotions. They are leaving very soon, but they also can return very fast and say that they didn't even wanted to leave you. That is true, because they can't control it. They are not doing anything to hurt you, they are not aware of those things that they are doing.

Just imagine that you are on the one side at one moment and next moment you are not there. It is confusing and hard to handle.

It is hard for every depressed patient, but I think that this is hardest shape of depression. 

It's aweful for me mainly because people don't understand that there doesn't have to be a reason for us to be depressed we just want someone there.