Hi, my mother has rheumatoid arthritis. The morning stiffness and the pain have changed her a lot. She is always nervous and complaining. The problem is that we cannot find a right drug that would help her deal with her pain. A friend of mine suggested Mexican codeine pills. Has anyone used these pills? Will they help my mother?

Hi, I have a friend who uses some kind of Mexican codeine pills. I am a pharmacy student who is not that familiar with Spanish language, but I have understood that the pill is a combination of codeine and diclofenac. My friend says that the medicine is helping him with the pain and he says he is satisfied with the drug. Codeine is a narcotic pain killer derived from morphine so it can be used to help with the pain. Diclofenac is a non steroidal anti inflammatory drug. This means that it not only helps with the pain, but it can also help your mother with the inflammation process in her joints. So when you consider this information, it would seem these pills are a great combination and a solution for your mothers problems. However, I must say that I am against taking any drugs that have suspicious background. Also, a drug as serious as codeine should not be available without a doctors prescription. I can understand you are willing to do anything to help your mother, but even though my friend says this is a great medicine, I would advise you not to do anything before you talk to your mothers doctor.