My mother was prescribed with Arava for her rheumatoid arthritis. Her first prescription was in 2001 year. She was taking this medicine as prescribed and got sick. She went to a hospital, got admitted and was diagnosed with liver problem even she do not drink alcohol. Her doctors told us that Arava has to be blame for her liver damage. That is why I want to know when did Arava receive FDA approval? Also how can be possible that FDA approves drugs of this kind?

FDA approved Arava in September 1998. FDA noted that Arava do not works better that methotrexate, but with Arava, patients have one option more. One more option, such as Arava, provided increased rate of lymphoma, high blood pressure, life-threatening disorders, liver failure etc in patients. How can FDA approve this? I think that you must ask them.