How can I be sure that I’m pregnant? I mean, what are the main symptoms? When can I start feeling the baby inwards?

Well, the only way you can be sure that you are pregnant (in such a early state) is to take a pregnancy test. They are not expensive and really easy to use. Regarding the stomach size it really differs from one woman to another. Nevertheless, most women don't show until their later months. So, my advice is take a pregnancy test – then you’ll be sure

Well, it is true – most women show only in late stages. On the other hand I’m only 3 months and showing already.

It can also depend on the number o previous pregnancies…. For example I didn't show until about 6 months with my first one, but with this one it was my 4th month. Also, I think you can’t feel heartbeat but only the movement of the baby. My dr said you usually start to feel some movement between 18 and 20 weeks but it can differ.

Alright, i normally dont just post my business but i am hoping to get a response. I jsut turned 21 and have been with the same guy for 5 years. I have been on birthcontrol for about 4 1/2 years and have never had any spotting or anything. this past week i have had a couple episodes of spotting light to heavy. when i called my doctor about it she told me to take a pregnancy test, i did it was neg. However in doing research on my own they stat that you should take it 5-10days after your missed period, well i havent missed mine yet.. i still have a little over a week until i am suppose to start. My doctor told me to continue taking my birthcontrol as usal and go from there. my lower abdomin is a little tender and i think that it is a little early to tell if i am... but i was wondering if thats how you could tell. i cant talk to my mom about this but does anyone think that i should be worried? should i just wait and see? I'd really like some input :-)
my friend told me that it could even be from the lack of sleep from this past weekend? i have never had this happen from that but please if anyone can just inform me of anything symtoms ANYTHING! it would be great!

thank you

you werent showing at 3 months...look at a 'womb, day to day' book or web site. Women do not show until about weeks 16-18

LillyOfTheVally wrote:

kris wrote:

This is unfortunately not correct for all pregnancies (especially after the first or second child), the intestines and other organs can be moved up enough to show a "pouch" or actually show (some women actually have to use maternity clothing by week 12, I know I did with this pregnancy but I also had a large ovarian tumor as well).

ImmortalOne wrote:

LillyOfTheVally wrote:

kris wrote:

In a 'normal' pregnancy it is correct.
I am a mother of four.
And Very educated on the matter.

Lilly, if you would, please do a Google search for "belly gallery". It's at the site pregnancy.about.com; and there are many photographs of various woman from the 1st trimester till the 3rd, and some of which are in fact showing during their first trimester.

Ive done plenty of research, ty. And it is a proven fact that women that claim to be 'showing' at that early in pregnancy are actually seeing what they want to see. Its partially mental, anticipation, etc. But if you truly understand the growth process of the embryo, (fetus) and the uterus then you might be better able to comprehend whats actually going on.

I will agree to disagree, to each his/her own.

Be well :)

an early sign of pregnancy is tender breasts...you would be able to tell. they will be very sore. also wen the body is going through the early stages of childbirth, you tend to be extremly tired due to the body working so much with the new pregnancy. nausia, headaches, vomitting and light spotting are all signs of pregnancy.

now just because u have a headache or wat not, dont automatically assume that your pregnant.

i would take the preg test as ur doctor said so, if u do the ones were they tell u before u miss your period, u could possibly have a chemical pregnancy..no worries, its very normal. accually about 50-60 percent of womens first pregnancies are chemical pregnancies. but when the woman knows about it, it causes some discomfort to know about it.

as for u wondering if your pregnant even when your on birth control, i would suggest you just use a condom. not only to prevent pregnancies, but to prevent stds. if your having sex without a condom, (dont get me wrong, i understand u have been with your partner for 5 years) you should at least get a pap smear just to be safe. i would aslo suggest to get the hpv shot. its 3 shots over a 6 month period. but why am i telling you to do this? well 1 out of every 4 women have the hpv virus that can cause herpes. you can get herpes from having sex even with a condom. now 70% of people with herpes dont know they have it. they dont show any signs or symptoms. id go get tested if i were you. its better to be safe than sorry. :) good luck in the future!

with my second child i started showing i was pregnant striaght away, i was showing at a couple of weeks so this where women dont show till 16-18 weeks is not always right, as someone else said it depends on the number of pregnancies that you have had.

Someone said HPV causes herpes, they are WRONG. Herpes causes herpes. HPV can cause warts or cervical cancer. Just thought I should clear that up.

LillyOfTheVally wrote:

ImmortalOne wrote:

LillyOfTheVally wrote:

kris wrote:

In a 'normal' pregnancy it is correct.
I am a mother of four.
And Very educated on the matter.

Some woman can show at three months actually, my friend is around three months and is showing

Them comments were abit rude to each other, with my first pregnancy what i mis carried with i was 8 weeks and getting my bra size messaured, and the lady doing the fittin said are you pregnant and said i was big for 8 weeks so im gonna agree you can actually see before 16 to 20 weeks sorry!!