i havent had a period for almost 3 months i took a test last weekend and it was negative.

i guess my questions is can i be 3 months pregnant without even knowing it and it being negative on a test and then it showing positive later on?

i ask this because i had a miscarriage last november and i figure i got pregnant that past september. i took a test in october and it was negative, but in november one day i started to cramp and was bleeding heavely

i went to the dr. and when i went she said that she wanted to do a prg test before she did anything and after i tested, it came out positive, but unfortunetly i already miscarried.

any advice would be really helpful for me, i'm very confused but i know someone will help me.

thanks :-(

Hi there.

I am sorry about your loss. Would you be happy if you were pregnant? It is possible for the tests to come back negative. I don't care what any doctor says. My mother and my husbands mother had that happen to them as well as my best friend. They were ALL 4 months pregnant. They ALL had light periods (this is the only difference in your case) but suspected they were pregnant because of the symptoms they had.

Several doctors said my best friend was not pregnant, the doc never even thought to do a blood test, they refused to do an ultrasound. So she went to a new doc who did another HPT that came out negative. THEN he decided to do an ultrasound the same day and she was in fact 4 months pregnant.

This just goes to show that it CAN happen. They don't like to admit it because it is VERY rare that it does happen. My mother also received periods with her pregnancies and got negative tests up until she was 3 months.

SO all I can tell you is to try another test, if it's negative go to your doctor and see what he can do. Good luck!

Yes i do want to be pregnant, i'm just afraid that it will turn out that i'm not pregnant and then that means that there something wrong with me.

thank you for your response, that has made me think a bit more positive about the whole situation. i hope you come back to this response so that i can tell you the results.

im in the process of making an appointment. i'll let you know then.

thanks again for your advise. it really helped :-D

[/si I HAVE IRREGULAR PERIODS A LOT BUT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET PREGNANT SIENCE APRIL I DONT NO WHAT TO DO !!

I have had the same thing. My periods have spotted but that is all for the past 3 periods. I have been throwing up, nauseated, and I've had real bad headaches and I never get headaches. I have done pregnancy test and none are positive. I have a big feeling that I am pregnant should I consider an ultra sound? Someone please help.

i am going thr ough the same thing and have come to the terms that either i am not pregnant or i am and no one wants to take the steps to make sure i am. I have yet another urine test tomorrow and if that one comes out neg i am going to find another doctor that will do a blood test and/ or an ultrasound. so good luck to all. this is the only thing i can think of.

IF U MISCARRY AND NOT KNOW IT EARLY IN YOUR PREGNANCY WILL YOUR HPT SHOW UP + OR - OR INCONCLUSIVE

to every one it is very very possible to have a negative blood and urine test ur whole pregnancy iv herd of several ladies who have had babies and not even known about it until their water broke i use to think it was a load of bs and that they just never checked or just didn't care enough to go to the doc and find out or felt guilty so they lied and said they didn't know that was until this morning my husband and i have been trying for 2 years and had never had a positive test well for a while iv had really light periods that were 4 to 5 days late so i tested before and after blood and urine it came and always had a neg well this morning i had a doc visit for a physical because i just switched docs and he checked my abdomen and said he felt a kick and asked how far along i was so i told him what my old doc told me that it was intense muscle contractions and that i have had a negative test every month for the past 8 months and he checked my file and confirmed what i had said through my ex docs notes but he insisted i have a scan done just in case it was more severe then that considering the other never did well i was so scared tat they would find a tumor or something bad i doubted i was pregnant cause i would have been showing if it was big enough to kick or so i thought well my son is due the beginning of next month and i didn't show cause he is straight up and down and against my spine

I Have An Implant But Im Always having Pregnancy Scares "/ they say you cant get pregnant on them but you can my anti did .. so i go every so offten for a test .i went this week an was told i aint pregnant but i think different as i have been pregnant befor with my son junior but sadley lost him ,. i have surspected i may be pregnant for a little while but dint bother to check , however i have had bad back and head pain , also discomfort under my ribs every so offten an the same cravings for vinegar , cheese an onion an washing machien tablets . i also was being told i looked a little bigger but im on a diet ..an i started to see it to .my boyfriend then told me im lookin bigger an im very solid But If im pregnant im not showing much ? so i went for a had a test but it was negitive so i left it . but over the last couple days the back pain is gettin worse as well as the discomfort an i need to wee more my boyfriend an i found if i push down on my belly at the bottom you can feel somethink solid however its not always there it seems to move Also i boldge in a surton place but not others an it changes all the time but i dont feel it move or nothink "/ im debating to visit my doctor ? or am i just being paro?

It would be a massive help if some one couple give me some advice :-)

I am currently going through the same thing! I haven't had a period for three cycles, almost four (should start this sunday). I've had neg. pregnancy test one after another, both urine and blood. I have an appt with my doctor on Wednesday and I am not leaving the exam room until I have been giving an ultrasound. I have all the symptoms of a pregnancy. I have increase urination, neusea, headaches, movement...name it and I have it. This would be my fourth pregnancy!

Good luck and I hope you find out soon!

Thats the exact same with me, i dont know what to do either im 10 weeks over my period due date but i dont want to go to the doctor for them to test and it come back negative. Im getting my friend to come the hospital with me as they can do tesrs and an ultrasound there and then, i dont know wheather this is helpful ir anything but good luck :D

Your stories are so helpful. I've missed my period for two weeks short time I know but I NEVER miss we are trying but have issues. My doc says to rule it out but I'm not convinced. I feel increasingly sick and keep getting twinge pains. I'm bnot ruling it out until I see a show.

i done a pregnancy test which showed negative i finally went to the doctors and they said that i was pregant when i was 6 months i done another pregnancy test (as a jokes as i knew i was preggy) but came up negative!!.

Now im trying for a baby i missed 2 periods and i done pregnancy test every week all coming up negative, i lost the baby at 3 moths as the doctors finally did me a test but when i got my results it was too late i already lost the baby

all i can put it down to is my hormoes are really weak which could be the same for you i hate it im nearly 2 months gone again im to scared to talk to anyone or go doctors as they must be sick of me so i no how you feel im not sure what the answer is but at least you know your not the only one that dose this :)

Thanks for your kind support I'm now 26 days late having loads of symptoms but home tests still negative I look like I swallowed a football! My doctor has finally agreed after testing my thyroid and it being normal to do a preg blood test. I'll keep you posted on my results this forum has helped me from thinking I'm imagining it or going mental!

Also guest sorry about your loss but when you lose you're at your most fertile straight after. Don't be afraid to see the doctors we know our own bodies better than anyone and it's our right to answers!! They get paid to see us after all. One thing I've learned just cos someone is a specialist doesn't always make them right! Good luck x