I'm a little concerned because I just hit 5 months in my pregnancy. I see photos of women at my same stage and they really are showing. I'm a little on the heavier side but I would still think I would be showing a little bit- Seems like I have a slight bump but thats all. My doctor says I'm on the right track and that everything is going as it should, but I can't help but think my babies not growing or something wrong. I just feel I should be showing. I really feel like something is wrong?

Dont worry about it. all women and all pregnancy are different the size of your bump doesn't have anything to do with the size of your baby!!! The dr isn't worried so just enjoy it. You are really lucky not to be showing much hopefully you may not get too big at all - that will make life much easier for your. I was the size of a small building and it wasn't fun at all.

my friend is really little and skinny and is pregnant.. noone could tell til she hit 6 and a half months and her babi is fine :-)

well im 22 weeks and 5 days .. :? i can understand what u r going thru .. i myself am worried as well because i feel like something can be wrong with either me or my child :? .. but i have spoken with my doctor and its good to know that im doing fine and most important my child is doing fine .. i weighed 127 lbs my first month and before i got pregnant .. now a couple months down the road and i only weigh 132 lbs .. believe i was worried .. but think of it this way its kindve fun to keep people guessing or the way their reactions look funny when you tell them how many months you are :shock: ... i know i do .. :D

a friend of mine just had a baby girl and she wasn't showing until about 8 months.... no one even knew she was pregnant... i am only a month behind her and i have been showing since 5 weeks!!! i have been so big so long that people who frequent my work place asked me at 4 and 5 months if i was due soon!! now that i am almost nine months, i'm gigantic! but we both have had normal pregnancies... it all depends on the individual's body themselves! i'm sure you'll be fine and good luck!!

i was the same way too.... :-)
it's so cute that we all love being pregnant and we want to show so bad!! LOL ... but even though i know my little bump barely shows that i'm pregnant.. i'm still happy i finally have a little bump!!!! i'm 5months now and i just barely got it but... yeah it makes me so happy. i asked around alot too about when am i gonna show and why is it taking so long. Usually......(if you havent found out by now)... women pregnant with their first child don't start poppin out right at the first month. but usually 5 months and beyond. i expect myself to be showing alot around6-8 months as well. i'm not sweating it though.. i know my baby is ok!!

so dont worry about it :-D !!!

Don't worry about it at all. Everyone carries differently. I am still small and people still dont' know I am prego if I wear a jacket, and I am due in 7 weeks. As long as your baby is growing and healthy, I wouldn't worry.

:-D .I had da same problem, rite now im 5 months i have a belly but itsz not big wen i wear a jacket it doesnt really show i thought sumthin was wrong but now i see im not alone havin a baby is a blessin and bein smallisnt out this world so gurlsz dnt worry itsz normal. :-D

i am 5 months pregnant - and i'm showing just a little bit and i'm on the very chubby side .... big boned .. and like you i also worry that i've screwed up and done something wrong and my baby isnt growing .... but the doctor said i was fine and baby was fine so i'm still not sure lol...

this is my first child and it scares me that if i do something wrong - i wont be able to fix it ....

When i was pregnant with my son, i gained only 20 pounds during the whole pregnancy. The first 6 months, i didn't gain any. And noone knew i was pregnant! it started showing when i was 7 and a half months pregnant and i gained all the 20 pounds during the last 2 and a half months! Everything was great otherwise- i gave birth to a healthy 8.8 pound baby! So, don't worry!!! It's all great!

Im 5 months-Im 5'2 and 115 lbs. and my BMI is 20 .. im doin good my doctor says but im not really showin neither imagine me im a really small girl. all i got is a lil bump and im doin fine.. my doctor says by my 7 or 8 month i should blow up. im not gainin to much but some how im still doin fine i even lost 3 lbs some how last month and still doin fine.

im 20 weeks and i still dont show. i dont even have a little bump.
is my baby still growing? is she still alive? im worried. =(
she is my first child.
when my mom was pregnant with her first child she didnt show until 7 months.
maybe i wont start showing until 7 months too??

Guest wrote:

my friend is really little and skinny and is pregnant.. noone could tell til she hit 6 and a half months and her babi is fine :)

thats how i am im 5 1/2 months and im due february 22nd and im not that big as some ppl are n i was worried dat something was wrong with my baby but my dr said everything was fine n me and my baby are both doin well but i thought i would be showin like some otha ppl but i asked my mom n she said some ppl bodies are jus different

I'll be 5 months next week and I'm not showing at all. Even without clothes, you can barely tell other than me looking a little bloated. I always read these posts and they do give me a bit of hope. Thanks All!

I am Almost 20 weeks & i have been stressing a little bit about this pregnancy bc it is my first pregnancy & i too am not showing, I feel the baby every now and then. & i was thinking maybe i am not pregnant at all until i heard the heart beat for the first time last week, It was amazing, strong & unbelievable i am going for an ultrasound on the 31st and i am hoping and praying that my baby is in good condition =)....I can still fit into my size 5 pants which is totally awesome!!! hahaha... I told my sis that i was worried about something being wrong the baby and she said not to worry the baby is probably sitting more in your body cavity than most ppl & not all woman have 8 pounders LoL...& i am happy for that too i hope i have a tiny baby bc it will be like OUCH!! if the baby is huge lol