I had a miscarriage about a week ago. I would like to get get pregnant again as soon as possible. My Dr told me that in the past they recommended that a woman wait 3months before trying again, but said there was No evidence showing that it would unhealthy for the woman or the baby to try sooner than that. Some women have said they conceived just weeks after miscarrying!I"m hoping to hear from women who have had a miscarriage but have had a baby sometime afterward. Even though I will be very encouraged to hear from any women who got pregnant quickly after their loss, I would like to hear all types of stories.! I know every woman is different but It would be helpful for me to have a few stories to compare, so that I have an idea of what I may be up against! I realize these matters are personal, so your sharing will be VERY Much appreciated!!:-P

Hi Bridget! Go to the top of this screen where it says SEARCH when you click on that it will show an icon for AUTHOR, type in my moniker bambi27 and it will show ALL the posts that I am in! Look under the ones about babies and pregnancy and you will find MANY about women who have had pregnancies right aftter miscarriages - 1 is under the name Hunniechild - she is now 5 weeks pregnant! You are NOT alone, I just know it is easier for some women to get pregnant right away because their HCG levels are still high!

Thanks Bambi, I know you said to look at some of your other posts the last time we "chatted" but I wasn't sure how to do that ! Thank you for the info! :-D

Hello Bambi, I was reading one of your posts about a gal who thought she may be pregnant a few weeks after a miscarriage. (she didn't reply again to share the news)%-) But you said something about a womans body taking 6 or so weeks to get back to normal, just like if you had had a baby! This made me think: woman are very fertile after giving birth. Is the the case after miscarriage? Its seems likely that your body would react the same way after both. Do you know anything about this?

Yes it's the exact same - for birth, miscarriage, abortion, etopic pregnancy etc. Doctors say 6 weeks for sexual activity because your period will be back on track by then and your uterus will have gone back to normal size! I can't count the amount of friends of mine that have got pregnant shortly after! So if you feel fine honey, start taking prenatal vitamins and in a week or so start trying again!