I am 18 years old and my sister is 5 weeks pregnant. Ever since she found out that she is pregnant I have been thinking about it and reading books about pregnancy. I want to know all there is to know. One of the questions that is have is what does your cervix feel like if you are pregnant?

It is nice to hear that you are interested about the pregnancy facts. I say this because you are pretty young and most of girls your age are thinking about other things. The position of the cervix changes during pregnancy. However, these changes do not occur at the same time in all women. The cervix drops lower in the vagina after ovulation and it feels firm. During pregnancy the cervix rises a bit and becomes softer. But it is important to know that the timing of this happening varies from woman to woman. For some women, this happens shortly before their period is due. Then, for the others, this does not happen until a while, after their pregnancy has been confirmed. Because of this variation, checking the position of the cervix to determine pregnancy is not a reliable indication. If a woman wants to know whether she’s pregnant or not more reliable ways to find out are taking a home pregnancy test or doing a blood test.

Hi, I kind of have the same question as cundy. yesterday my cervix was easy to reach and felt open... I checked this morning and its harder to reach and doesnt feel as open, maybe not open at all. I am new to checking my cervical position so i am not sure what closed feels like. but I dont think i could put my finger tip in it though. my temp yester and the day before was 98.1 and today it was 97.9.. could this be a sign of pregnancy, I can take a test until next week. please help. this is my 2 month ttc. thnks

Your cervix naturally lowers after ovulation, and is not immediately affected by sterilization of the ovum. The only way to know if you are indeed pregnant would be to show 18 high temps post ovulation, and subsequently, a pos hpt.
Your temperatures given are impossible to interpret as an outsider who doesn't know your pre-ovulation temps, and if a temp shift has indeed taken place.

Hi-

I'm really curious as to what your cervix feels like INSIDE when you're pregnant. I haven't had sex in over 4 months, but I have had some signs of pregnancy. However, I haven't missed any of my periods. I am also abroad, so I am worried stress might be a factor. However, I am extremely worried I may be pregnant

If you havent missed a period chances are you are not pregnant. if you dont feel your cervix regularly than you will not know if it feels different for pregnancy. The only sure way is the buy a pregnancy test. By 4 months pregnant you would be showing and feeling your baby move around soon so it doesnt sound like your pregnant.

hi ther..im am 3 weeks late for my period and im new to feeling my cervix..when i did feel it, it felt like a soft tube and was like a lil soft nose at the end..i can feel a hole but cant get my finger tip in it..i done 3 pregnancy tests but they were al negative and im due to have another 1 at the doctors in 3 days time.. could any one help me out and let me know what yous think..thanks

Mine feels the same way it feels like a slightly harder nose though, and I'm 16 weeks pregnant. I can feel I small hole, can't get anything in so I'm not too worried. I have been having some little pains on the left side though where my ovary would be and feeling my cervix scared me cause the last time I felt it I didn't feel a hole. I'm really scared of having another miscarriage since I've had two so far. what does anybody know about how the cervix should feel and when to see a doctor>?

I am 5 days post ovulation and my cervix is very soft, high and squashy!! Is this normal :-D

Thanks :-D

hey i am 21 years old and my husband and i where j/w if i could be preg? i had sm spotting pink and brown it was only 1 day and then a week later i had my "period" could i be preg??????? boobs sore and really sleepy Please help!

hi everyone, i am 22 years old and i am very confused about the whole ovulation process. I had my period on june 4 and it lasted about 5 days like always, and today is june 22 but last night my boyfriend and my self had sex and it hurt it felt like my cervix has dropped, i know this usually happens but does that mean i am pregnant? we didnt use protection and he said he went in me because he never pulled out, but i just want to see would that cause me to get pregnant if my cervix droped and he didnt pull out or am I just making myself worried ofr no reason. plz some one anser my question, i dont understand what the doctors tell you and reading it is even difficult so explain it to me plz. thank u

Sounds like you are a little butt hurt about your own issues. She said NICELY that it was great for that girl to be concerned for her sisters pregnancy and HER opinion was that the girl was a little young to have a child yet I.E. enjoy life as a child while you can before you make the GROWN UP decision to have a child of your own.... you may be a mother, but you're obviously still a child.

hi im 17 ive missed my period and found i was pregnant but i was 2 months gone when i found out i was pregnant what shall i do?

It sounds like you will be having a baby. I know that you are young and scared but there are options. I have friends that just adopted a child and they are so excited. It will be 9 months out of your life, but it will mean the world to another couple and the baby. You can also keep the baby and raise it. My advice would be to tell the father and your parents or another trusted adult. it will be okay. I know that you will make the right decision.

I have a friend who just found out she's 3 months pregnant, she doesnt look like it at all though. I've had unprotected sex with my bf and im afraid now that i might be too. My stomach feels a little tight and my cervix feels a little hard, also my periods have been light and irregular im afraid its implantation bleeding, Could I be pregnant?