Heyy! I am 13, and female. I weigh 123lbs and I am 5'5. I am not that much of an athletic person but I do play soccer. When I look in the mirror I don't see a skinny girl. I am wanting to loose about 10 or 20 lbs. How much should I weigh??

Dear Guest,

I recommend you do an internet search for BMI calculator. BMI is "body mass index" and basically tells you if you are a healthy weight. If you indeed are overweight, there are many small steps you can take to get started loosing it!

1. Get more active - you already play soccer, how about biking? Swimming? Adjust your lifestyle so you are getting more and more exercise - 25 minutes intense exercise daily if possible!
  2. Improve your diet - start off by cutting out sweet beverages (juices, sodas, etc.). Assuming you drink these rather often (as most girls your age do), cutting back will really make a difference.
  3. Try to get into a good sleep schedule - sleeping too little often causes us to eat more to compensate. The same goes in reverse: oversleeping is inactivity at its very best which is something you want to avoid.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions or concerns.

Be healthy, and enjoy!

Phoenix

One of the best thing you can do is like walking and biking or going to gym to achieve your goal 100 lbs is a good weight for you.