Hi. ive just turned 15, im 5'6 and abit (166 cm) and i weigh 65 kilos (143 lbs). is this average or am i overweight?
its just i have my formal coming up and id like to feel good with myself.
i just need to figure out whether to lose weight so i can look pretty in a new dress with out any lumpy bumps. :$
please write back.
thank you.

Yes you're a bit overweight. A girl of 5'6 should weigh somewhere between 110-130. It all depends on how active you are. If you do lots of sports and are very active, you should be healthy :-)

you can look pretty in a dress whatever your weight.
just get the right dress for you.

130 whatever! It depends on your body type! I am 5'6 and weight 155 but I wear a size six! The second comment is right on! Just find the right dress for you!

You think you need to loose weight? Im 15, 5ft6-5ft7, and i am 172 pounds, I DESPERATLEY need to loose weight ! My formal is coming up too, so I want to look slimmer for it, you are obviously a small person so you do not need to lose much weight, you are not going to be the biggest person ever are you?? I think the second comment is right too, just find the right dress :-)

im about to be 15 and 5"1 and Im 133 pounds I wanna lose a little weight I wanna be 115 I eat everything right I do gymnastic but I just cant seen to lose it what do I do how can lose it? ? It's so hard seeing all these girls who are skinny that can fit into a size S I fit into a size M or L how can I get down to a S or XS?

Don't think your the only one that's got a weight prob my doctor thinks I need to go on a diet cuz im 133 how stupid! I eat all the right stuff and I do gymnastic so what do I do next?

based on the , you are at 23.6. This is still within the normal weight (at the high end). The overweight is start from 25.

So you are pretty alright and you just need to watch your diet and go for regular exercise.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

well i am 15 and i weigh 107 and i am a double zero... It just the way you are don't let people judge you.

Girl, You are not over weight at all. I'm 5'6 and I weigh 140. Currently loosing weight, but it you play sports, its all muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. I'm a huge dance and lacrosse player. People will hate no matter what, you're perfect just the way you are. Finding a dress for myself is hard cause I have hips, keep trackin' it down!

Good Weight for a girl 15 and 5/6 is 100-145. Just exercise and watch what you eat. You don't have to lose weight, but EVERYONE needs to take care of what they eat. Also, You can exercise to tone up your muscles and reduce your fat ratio. Then you are sure to look great and feel great:)

I'm the exact same weight and height but I'm a size 6! Your not fat at all. Girls like us have curves. Don't worry about "lumpy bumps" all girls like us have that issue. I think as long as you can rock a bathing suit then don't worry about your size! Get a dress that compliments your figure, and if your that worried about any lumps showing, wear spanks. Simplest solution. Have fun at your dance and don't listen to those girls that are saying your weight isn't normal, because it's absolutely fine:)

Hey....
 i think you are just little bit overweight... so you have to lose some weight...
i suggest you to do some exercise ...

don't worry about it everyone is unhappy with how much they weigh no matter what pops up on the scale, as long ur exercising, eating right and stayign happy, i promise you, you feel amazing, i am 14 and 5'5 5'6 ish and i wiegh 123 probaly the most average wieght possible. its boring to be average be ex-stream.

I am 5' 6 and weigh 130, and I am healthy, i dance ballet almost everyday(which is a very good exercise) It doesn't matter really on your weight, it matters with your health, if your eating right (substituting veggies instead of chips, that kind of stuff), and your exercising habits. Don't let the scale overwhelm your mind. People say I look about 102!  I have a lot of muscle too! Just listen to your true friends,family, and of course yourself. Bt say positive things about your body! :-)