Hello! My wife has low blood pressure. She is using medications and she feels great. But her doctor told her that she will need to take care what she eat and drink. What kind of diet to eat when suffering from low blood pressure? Please, any useful advice? Thank you!

Low blood pressure is generally caused by malnutrition. So, eating a proper diet, rich in protein, vitamin B complex, and vitamin C is extremely essential. There are certain foods that should be an essential part of daily eating habits and certain food groups that should be totally avoided. Restrict the intake of high-carbohydrate food, eat all kinds of vegetables and fruits. Drink as many glasses of water as you can.

Hello antonio,

one very important diet rule for people with low blood pressure is to eat more smaller meals rather than fewer large ones because it quite often happens that blood pressure drops after a meal. One advice that people with low blood pressure usually get is to increase both sodium and caffeine intake because they help to get the blood pressure higher. However, they also cause additional problems, mostly to heart or blood vessels, so it's better to try to balance the minerals by taking potassium and magnesium as well.

It definitely is important to include fresh fruit and vegetables, as well as meat and bit fattier food in the diet. But, as I said, a person with low blood pressure has to look out not to over eat, because than the blood pressure drops.

Hello!

thank you so much for this post - I too have low blood pressure and FINALLY recognise that I can influence it by having a good diet and being kind to myself as well, i.e., sleeping when i need to as well as all the great health stuff -i've tried pushing and pushing myself and that just doesn't work! So, well put - water, fruit, veg, a little fattier meats, a little more salt and some caffeine! i have recently been following Dr John Briffa's diet and it is pretty much your recommendations! and feel loads better - it's the veg and water that i need to up now! Bev

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of medication is she taking? Thank You

Actually her bp is sometimes low and sometimes high, she's taking losartan. Thanks

I have low blood pressure. Last night I juiced and drank celery, parsley, beet greens and kale. Big mistake! When I woke up I could barely stand and was shaking all over, because these foods lower blood pressure. So I suggest vegetables smoothies instead of juicing, because high concentrations of these juices will lower blood pressure. However, green veggies are great for overall health; don't eliminate them, just don't overdo it. Does anyone have other advice for foods to avoid if you have low blood pressure? There is so much material on foods to avoid with high blood repssure, but little research has been done on low blood pressure

Be cautious of yogurt too, especially natural yogurt. I ate that for dinner and had an awful sleepless night, trying to keep warm.

I am so glad I read your comment because have been baffled why juiced 'greens' make me feel so weak that need to lie down. I have low blood pressure.
Taking meds because recently had a SCAD (spontaneous coronary artery dissection) and thought it was because of the meds, have discussed with GP and other SCAD patients and no one had similar reactions to greens juice so have been baffled by it. Now I have the answer. Thank you

These types of diet plan help you during low blood pressure. Such as drink more water, eat more salt, avoid carbohydrate from a meal, eat red bell pepper, broccoli, banana etc.

Also, schedule an appointment with a doctor for needful advice and treatment.

tysm for the advice

My friend has low blood pressure she fainted once or twice she is on drip can someone advice any names of foods she should eat and can she eat crisps or chocolates thanks