First of all....I'm not having any pain and have 1-2 movements per day. I've laid off the cheese lately so my movements are easier. My stools do not have any blood or any mucous.

However, today and a few times in the past I observed some "garlic clove" looking pieces in my stool. I took a long bamboo stick and poked at it to separate them. There was about 3 of them in one stool dropping. Is that of any concern? What could they be?

Also....is your stool supposed to be "sinkers" or "floaters".?

It sounds like you ate something, didn't properly digest it and it came out thru your stool. Corn seems not to digest well for some, which means you will see corn in your bm's
As far as "sinkers or floaters" 8-| I haven't really given that much thought.
I guess it depends on how heavy your poo is, which would go back to what you have eaten. IDK, i got nothin %-)

Ok, I don't think it is anything that was eaten. I have just recently discovered the same thing, and it is starting to freak me out a little. It has been going on long enough now to know that is it not something I have eaten. it is happening 3-5 times a week. My husband thought it may have been tapeworms. I have researched what I could, and thus far have not found anything that gives me answers. Much like the 1st entry, I did examine it the best i could. we are talking about an inch in lenght, and when broken open it looks almost like a white cheese. the outside is a bit orange/yellow in color.
answers would be comforting.

I looked around a little on the internet and found something called...
GIARDIASIS, it's a disorder caused by a type of intestinal parasite.
Some symptoms include, fatty stool, bloating and mucous in stool.
Do you have fever and diarreah? Sometimes this goes along with the disorder.

bbfeet9
I appreciate your input. I did look up Giardiasis. As far as I can tell this particular parasite is too small to see by the naked eye. What I am refering to has got to be about an inch long and a little less then half an inch across. It is oval shaped. I have been doing further researching, but since I really dont know what I am dealing with, it makes it harder to get any information.
again thanks for trying. If you come up with anything else, i would appreciate the update.

I would like any feedback on this sinking or floating poo. I was told that if your stool floats, its excess fats in your diet. Im experiencing stool problems at the moment and im in process of changing my diet to see if i can eliminate anything. My doc says i may have IBS but im not sure. :?

I have exactly the same thing, and it is really freaking me out. Has anyone figured out what this might be?

i dont know if youll read this again but did you ever find out what it is that those are becasue i am having the exact same thing coming out to the T on what you said and i am also worried

Check out this thread, as they have come to the conclusion that it is partially undigested Metformin in the stool.

https://www.steadyhealth.com/strange_spongy_white_object_in_stool-t127457-0-asc-0.html

I too have discovered these oval shapes in my poop.Same as everyone described.I have just noticed them recently (maybe 2 weeks) although mine is accompanied by watery diarrea (which is the only time I notice the strange masses),twisting stomach cramps,headaches & nausea.I have also waken up a couple times in the middle of the night to throw up & go diarrea.Usually nothing comes up when I throw up except yellow stomach acid.Then I reach for my pepto bismol & that sometimes does not help.When this all started,I thought it was the flu but it's still lingering. I just had the watery poo with the "beans shapes" again tonight & threw up in the middle of the night yesterday.I think I will get checked at the Doc's too & try to bring in those nasty bean things for them to test.Has anyone else been experiencing the same symptoms as me?

Holy Man! I have read so many bb's and blogs etc looking for an answer and I can't seem to find one!! I have never in my life pooped out such strange looking things in my life. Yes, in my stool I have found these whitish, yellowish kidney bean/garlic clove/navy bean/ almond shaped masses. I have no idea what the hell they are, but it is a little freaky.

It is not medication casings because I am not taking any pills. However, I did have my gallbladder out in Sept 2008, and about three weeks ago I took to poo'in myself inside out. I thought it was bile salt diarrhea. It was awful! Lots of mucous too. Finally my doctor perscribed my Questran. I had lots of gas, flatulence, and lower bowel cramping. Eventually my stool firmed up, and eventually the gas and cramping stopped too, but then I started passing these freaky little buggahs!

I have had blood work, all normal, including liver, kidney and pancreas. I did a couple of stool samples all negative for ova, parasites and food poisonings.

I am wondering if it has something to do with gallbladder dysfunction or because I take the Questran, and it binds to bile salts, that what I am actually pooping out is fat, like saturated fat from everything I may ingest.

I am thinking of collecting them and bringing them in for tests...

Someone has gots to have some idea besides metformin casings.!!!!

Help!

Deester71, this is freakin' me out & not a soul knows for sure what it is.It's not the pill casings that everyone talks of either cause I don't take any pills with that shape! WEIRD! Shows you how much the doc's know huh? I'm going to check it out soon.

Update... in my personal case, I was informed by my doctor that my samples tested positive for White Blood Cells. This is indicative of inflammation and/or infection, but I tested negative for infection so my doctor is thinking it could be crohn's!!! OH well, will have to see.

Now I am not saying this stuff is because you have crohn's... because I have no answers... and each case is dependent on the individual and their health issues. However I know I had read someone's post somewhere out there that is may be balls of mucous that has dehydrated in the large bowel, and nothing to worry about.

I still have to fish them out for analysis. Take them to the doctor and let them figure it out, and if they can't... maybe we could start a support group because holy moley there are alot of people with the same issue!!

Take good care, and try not to worry!

I also have been experiencing many episodes of these bean shaped things in my stool. They appear to be very fatty, and usually float. I have had a lot of stomach problems in my lifetime, but never have experienced the presence of these before. Especially since I know that I am not alone with this freakish problem, I intend to investigate further and will be sure to let everyone know what I find out.

I had the exact same thing happen for the last few weeks on random days. I basically pooped out my metformin pill.