OK, I'VE BEEN PUT ON GLUCOPHAGE AND PROVERA DO YOU KNOW WHAT ARE MY ODDS OF GETTING PREGNANT AND HOW CAN I TIME OVULATION WHILE ON THESE DRUGS OR CAN I USE A FERTLITY MONITOR WHILE USING THESE DRUGS CAN ANYONE HELP!!!

Health Advisor
My sister suffers from PCOS and she was also put on both Glucophage and Provera. Her doc said that her period could be induced in about two weeks time at latest and 2 months the longest by Provera.
I have been reading some notes online and I noticed that other women managed to get their periods without even having to take Provera or that they stopped taking Provera as soon as their periods were induced and continued to take Glucophage only.
Did you doctor tell you that Glucophage could aid you in weight loss as well? Oh, sorry I don’t even know if you have weight problems, it’s just that my sister does, so I assumed…She needs to lose around 50 lbs.

She was a bit nauseous when she started Cluphocage (500mgx3) but the doc said that was like normal.

Did you talk to your doc about ovulation time frame? They should know best according to your medical history!
It is said that it should take 3 months the most for Gl. to induce ovulation and periods.

I was put on gluchphage and chlomid and was on that for 3 months trying to get pregnant. My doctor suggested we try the IUI and I got pregnant my first try. We are now getting ready to try for our second. Best of luck to all of you! I just wanted to say keep your hopes up everything just takes time!

I didnt use the provera but I took glucophage and chlomid to get pregnant. You can purchase and ovulation kit at any drugstore to help you track. It is kind of like a pregnancy test but when you pee on the stick it tells you if you are ready to ovulate or not. I was on the 2 drugs together for 4 months before I got pregnant but we also did IUI after 3 months of nothing. Good luck!

hey..my name is April. My husband and I have been ttc for 10+ years with no luck. We do have 2 beautiful children through adoption though. We are now ttc aggressively again. I work for an obgyn and he is helping me..I have been on glucophage for approx 2 months and just finished my clomid a week or so ago..we are awaiting a + ov test to do IUI. I would love to hear about anyone who has had success with these drugs and male infertility. I need some pointers. Thanks!

My hubby and I tried for 8 years to get pregnant. I had a miscarriage in 2003 and my doc put me on Glucophage 500 mg once a day. I called her when my script was about gone and asked what I would notice of it were working. She told me I woul be losing weight. I wasn't. She upped me to 500 mg 2x a day. I still didn't notice anything...I took a preg. test and I was pregnant. I had my miscarriage right before Thanksgiving that year, and a positive preg. test on Jan. 9, 2004. It worked immediately for hubby and me.

However, you should know we are trying again to get preg. and I have a new doc, who has put me on a more agressive regimen...2000 mg glucophage a day, with no results, so I am also taking Femara, to help me ovulate. I had heard before we started trying that the second time with Glucophage could be harder to conceive.

I was getting kind of freaked when my dr put me on 2000mg of Metformin-glucophage to start. He also put me on Prometrium and Femara. I had a bad reaction to the Prometrium and had a, well heavy AF doesn't begin to describe it. I almost needed a blood transfusion! So we are not doing the Femara until next month.
My fasting insulin level was only a little elevated, but I was promised that the Metformin would be ok. I started really slow. 500mg /day and work my way up. My dr also told me to take it with a full glass of water about 15 minutes before I ate. So far I haven't had any problems!! Only a horrible taste in my mouth, but it is getting better. I am now up to 1500mg/day. In 4 days I can start my full dose. I am so excited!!! I hope I get my AF so I don't have to take Prometrium again!!

i just started taking glucophage last week. i experienced a little tummy discomfort...i hope it doesnt mean anything is wrong with me(like my system is reacting negatively to the drug).
i pray it works for me anyway cos im trying to be as calm and patient as possible.

I HAD GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY MAY 2010 AND HAVE SINCE THEN LOST 125 LBS. BEFORE MY SURGERY I HAD PCOS AND DID NOT HAVE A MENSTRUAL CYCLE WITHOUT TAKING PROVERA. AFTER MY SURGERY I STARTED HAVING A MENSTRUAL CYCLE ON MY OWN AS THE WIEGHT LOSS PROGRESSED BUT NOT WITHOUT PROBLEMS. ITS IRREGULAR SO MY DR PUT ME ON TO START THE FIRST 2 WEEKS 1000 MG OF METFORMIN A DAY AND AFTER 2 WEEKS I STARTED 2000 MG A DAY. IVE BEEN ON METFORMIN SINCE FEB 11 , 2011 . IM HOPING IT WILL HELP STRAIGHTEN OUT MY CYCLE AND HELP US GET PREGNANT. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THE SURGERY THEN CONVIEVED AFTER WITH METFORMIN? AND HOW LONG DOES IT NORMALLY TAKE FOR THE MEDS TO WORK ?

CRYSTAL

I too have pcos. The first time I was on glucofage in exactly 3 months I. Got pregnant on the last day of my period. 3 years later same thing. While all women are different glucofage does the trick for most woomen with pcos. My advice if you want to get pregnant have sex the last day of your period and the days following. Glucofage can start working anywhere from the first month to 3 months on it...good luck..sincerely neo-natal icu nurse.