Locked New Topic Followed by 1 people
i had diareaha, on elimination i noticed a carrot like object in my stool, on examination it was white on the inside, can you tell me what this might be

I too have occasionally had smooth-polished objects, that are not feces in my stool. They have often been the size of my finernail or a little bigger. Tan or grey in color on the outside, and the inside was almost like cream cheese. Had colonoscopy for abdominal pain 4 years ago, negative. Bloodwork negative. Now 37 and was diagnosed with IBS back then. Would be VERY curious if anybody has experienced this as well. Dr. does not want to listen. Says it is constipated stool.

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

I too have been seeing an object about the size of my thumb nail in my stool that is yellowish on the outside, white on the inside, and floats. It is smooth and rounded. For the past week I have been passing one almost every day in the mornings. It is not anything I am eating. I have not consulted a doctor yet because I do not have any discomfort, but it is starting to concern me.

I feel that I have something similar. Looks like a large red/orange pea shell, thickly coated, with white stuff inside. I've felt bloated all day, even when I ate a salad. I'm diabetic. Can't reach doctor.

OMG! I can't believe I found this post! I have had the same thing. Started a few months ago. Mine is more like a rectangular piece of carrot,about an inch long, smooth, and white on the inside. The consistancy of a cooked kidney bean. It doesn't look like ANYTHING I have eaten, and I'm not taking any new meds or vitamins. I've been going crazy trying to find something on the internet. They have become more frequent over the last few weeks. I also have IBS(bloating, diarrhea, mucous).

Has anyone gotten any info on this?? It's really starting to freak me out, because they are exactly the same every time they come out.

Thanks! :-(

Also have found the same objects in my stool. Usually about the size of a kidney bean, light tan on the outside and white on the inside. I took one to my Doctor and he said he thought it was vegetable???? Not so sure I have confidence in that answer. I have occassional bloating, along with numberous other issues including constipation. I have not gotten any answers on what may cause the "pod" that I find, but am concerned. If anyone has any solid answers, it would be appreciated.

I searched for hours on the internet and searched Google Images and thought I'd found it. Tapeworm eggs! Gross but at least I found something. Went to the doctor and, nope that isn't it. They took my sample and sent it to pathology. I will post results when I get them. I also have been diagnosed years ago with IBS. Must be linked to this thing? I described mine as a mini ravioli but smooth the size of Chicklet gum (remember those?) It is like pasta colored and when I broke it open it was like ricotta cheese, or cream cheese. I havent ate anything that wasn't chewed and nothing even close to these things. Over the past 6 weeks I've seen 15-20 of them. I have had horrid gut aches for (I would say) Years. I feel good knowing I'm not alone.

Just an update to let you know, the pathologist didn't come up with an answer and I have to take in another sample. Just letting you all know I haven't forgotten this thread. I will let you know as soon as I hear something besides "maybe it was an undigested gel type pill" Nope! I've never taken any gel tab type pills in over 6 years so I don't think so! I wanted to ask everyone if any of them are taking cholestrol lowering medications? Just thought maybe it was cholestrol being expelled? I have no ideas.

I have also notice these exact same things!! It almost looks like corn but mine was much larger (almost like a salmon pill) and the texture on the inside so strange. I have not been to the doctor about it, I'm a little scared. I also have IBS. I'm not taking any cholestrol pills. There is almost nothing on the internet about this. Shaden, please keep us updated and thanks for the info!!!

Same thing here! My husband thinks I'm crazy, but after many previous bowl movements where I noticed the same type of object, I finally checked this one out and it matched the kidney bean description above.

Does this site actually help with answers to these questions or do we have to help each other?

Hi it's me again. Glad to see a couple more people on board! I think it gave me relief to know I wasn't alone in this.

I forgot to take another sample in on my last doctor visit but, I'm going in tomorrow and taking 4 of these bean type things in. If that isn't enough for a pathologist to figure it out nothing is. If my son didn't find this thread I would have been worried sick.

I'll let my Dr. know there are several people waiting the test results. I know from what I've read here, no one has recieved a plausable answer. Please check back within a week or two and I should have the answer from the 2nd round of tests on these strange cheese stuffed beans we all seem to have.

It sure is a curiosity and I hope nothing bad.

I am also having white in my stool...my first one were two round (about the size of a cherry tomato)..and nothing else. Now for the last three days there have been tons of them but also regular looking stool. Although every time I wipe there is ton of mucus. I am also freaking iout but have no real doctor yet so my only option is to go to ER. I too have IBS..have ha it ever since I got my gallbladder out. Please let me know if anyone find anything out as I will do the same.

I AM SO HAPPY TO FIND YOU ALL!!! I am so sorry we're all going through this, but I am also relieved to know there are others who know what I am talking about! These oval objects are sometimes orange and sometimes yellow on the outside, pure white in the middle, and they float. (I cant believe how many of us checked to see the inside. That's when you know this is freaking you out!) I first saw them earlier this year when I started a fasting colon cleanse and I thought they might be baby carrots--which I can't remember the last time I ate! Then I thought they might be some kind of parasite eggs. That's too scary, so I thought they were undigested pills because they are always the same size. I find that very suspicious. How can they always be exactly the same size? My doctor said I might have IBS and sent me to a GI doc over the summer who gave me MiraLax. That was the worst... I thought I was going to die from that. I have been searching for months about this, ever since these ovals began showing up, and this site is the first I have found that deals with my exact symptoms. My latest idea is maybe it's undigested fat.

Unfortunately, I don't have any answers either. I will keep checking to see if anyone else gets any answers, and I will certainly post any info I get.
Thanks!

SO DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ANSWERS AS TO WHAT THIS IS?????????????????????????

I have been pasing these things for about 6 weeks. They are all the same size: like a large bean or a baby carrot, smooth brown with white inside. Like a peice of doe. They are the size of a snake egg. But I'm sure there is no snake-like animal in my gut laying eggs. I'll start collecting them in a plastic container, then bring them to a lab.