Hi, 2 years ago I had three small lumps on my breast that I could move around and saw that they were under the skin on the bottom of my left breast where I have to lift it to see, then I learned how to squeeze and pop them and white pus came out. I knew they weren't lumps like breast cancer because I know that feels like a mass inside. Ever since I popped them, now wherever I have a pore on my left breast if I squeeze, I can pop puss out. Do I have cancer? Some type of fibrosis or something? Now i am scared, is it just because I pop the cysts too much? My right breast is completely fine. I also have these same type of cysts/pimples on my inner thighs once in a while. I don't pop them there though because I know what will happen. HELP...what is Fibrosis? What kind of cysts are on my breast?? why is there so much puss?

Hi Glittergall,
I've been searching for an answer to my problem for a long time and never thought to use the word CYST!
And tonite I found you. I have the same problem, altho for much longer than you, and now I have it on both breasts, altho not half as bad on the bresat which started later.

They start out as little pimples or bumps and some will disappear and most others have a tiny head which I squeeze. Others are larger and last forever sometimes getting several heads throughout their course. And they also leave holes and scars in some cases. I did have a doc give me several types of creams, including fungal, bacterial and cortizone but nothing really helped for long and it is much worse in the summer. Altho, funny thing, it is not near my chest wall at all but further up the breast toward the aerola area. Have you gotten any answers yet? I am just making an appt with a dermatologist now!
Thanks for any info you might have.
Joyce from Upstate NY

Well I've had the same problem since i was really young. like middle school. And my doctors couldnt explain it either. ive gottan all the creams and i've been getting upset because i already have an body image issue... no need to add weird bumps to it -_-. I have them on my left breast. and not really the right, i get them on my innoer thighs, near my belly button, and sometimes my underarms, -__-. i thought it could have been because i was over weight, but even when im at a normal weight... they atill appear. hmm any answers yet?

Hey Girls!
Well Ive been having it for 2 years now and all I can say is that is could be something you are eating, I thought mine where because I drink too much coffee. Anyhow try applying creams to it, the best I would say is Cortizone, if that doesnt work, go to the doctor!

I have the same problem and have to get one of my "cysts" surgically removed because it got so bad. Saying that what you eat has something to do with it though is like saying chocolate causes acne.. which is a completely false myth. Half of what created my problem was that I would pick at and pop the heads which then irritated the skin even more and caused one of them to get very infected. This condition, if that is what you want to call it, is fairly harmless but if there are any areas of concern please be sure to consult a BREAST doctor, especially if it persists and doesn't heal after 3 weeks. Regular doctors are not specifically trained for issues such as this one and can falsely lead you in many different directions. I understand exactly what you mean when you said that it appears the same types of bumps are on other parts of your body, they are whiteheads just like the ones you can get on your face, caused by sweat glands. The bumps can "act up" from sweating. To help this, make sure to keep good hygiene and by not leaving sweaty or wet bras on. I emphasize again to please seek professional help that is specialized in breast infections.

I have no answers, I just wanted to post a thank you. A lump appeared under my left breast, right where the underwire from my bra sits, a few months ago. I have an appointment for an ultrasound next week and the damn thing popped over night last night! I have been so scared since I woke up. I was planning a trip to the ER today, but it sounds pretty harmless. I do still plan to call my OB/GYN, but I'm no longer convinced I'm going to die. Mine hurt like hell and I actually cut the underwire out of some bras to relieve some of the pain. I'm glad I found you girls, best of luck!

See, me too, I'm in high school and I've had those as long as I can remember having boobs. I pop them too. I'm terrified though, like it could be something really bad. But here's the thing, I just got one of them under my arm near my armpit, and it reacted the same when I put pressure on it. Maybe it's a side effect of suffocating my skin? Because both the armpit and the areola don't get much air and clothes are always over those parts.
But I think I feel a little bit less worried about it now that I know I'm not the only one...

Hi there

Put me on the list too - I've been getting these for a few years (I'm 42). From what I've researched with the help of a clever Naturopath, they seem to be related to the lymphatic system and drainage. I get the lumps sometimes in my inner thighs, they're slightly different - bruising, if they drain, they drain a bloody, thin pus-like substance with no odour. The ones in my breasts are small lumps - I see them when I get out of the shower. Usually on the underside. If I push (like popping a zit), a very thick tough white pus comes out and it has quite a smell. Anyway, I'm fed up, looking for a long term solution. I eat great, lots of fruits and veggies, little processed food. I am overweight. I can tell you that what really has helped in past are the Unda drops from Germany (avail through a Naturopathic Dr and not expensive), the regime of Unda 1, 20 and 243 makes a big and fast difference in the thighs. The breasts are similar but different and I'm not so convinced of Unda success. Now I have a bigger one and deeper in my left breast - I can feel it. I don't think it's cancer, I think it's lymph glands, but need to know. I'm headed to the GP this afternoon for a referral to a and ultrasound or a Dermatologist (or to see what he suggests). I'll post the results. Cheers

Hello! I too have this problem. I have had it for several years. I get them on my breasts, underarms, around my bellybutton, and my thighs. I have been so embaraced that I never went to a doctor about it. Now that I know others share my condition I am no longer afraid to let someone know. Thank you!!!

It's so amazing to me how common breast problems are!!. At the age of 27 I had a lot of pain under my left arm and thought I had pulled a muscle, my GP referred my for an Ultra sound test. The entire time I was in a panic about breast cancer!!! I got the results back and it was all clear... however I could still feel a small lump under my breast,.. One morning in the shower (maybe 2 weeks later) It kind of popped and a lot of milky puss came out above my nipple. Since then it has been clear and I've had no issues.,. I'm nearly 29 and I now have the same feeling lump,. it's like a grape size. I'm not sure really whether to let it play out like the last or should see about getting it surgically removed,.. I mean it comes down to the time, the money, finding out if this is going to be a long term re-occurring issue...
From what I've been reading, all the ducks and pores in and around the breasts give us woman such a headache... I just wish I knew how I could prevent getting any infections at all!! 8-| Being under the skin I'm not sure how it comes to settle in the breast,. Can this type of thing originate from any type of cut/sore/problem from any other part on the body,. and just decide to become a problem there??

Ive had this same exact problem on both my breasts ever since I've had breast, I can pop out a small amount of thick white substance from almost any pore within three inches of my nipple. I'm always compelled to pop anything I see, which has caused scabs and scars all over my breasts. I'm not too concerned about a major health problem so much as a superficial unattractive predicament. I'm overweight and almost 20, so to be candid taking my top off in front off is already hard enough without having my breasts look a mess. I'm happy to find it's not just me, so if anybody finds a solution I would be forever in your debt.

Hey Y'all:

I can actually tell you what the thick discharge is, it's (believe it or not) leftover breastmillk. I breastfed my son for almost 1 year (he JUST turned 13). After I quit nursing I noticed these little pimples around my entire areola and nipple, I have asked dr after dr for almost 12 years to investigate this, bc IF I push on them a thick creamy white like substance will come out, that is actually breast milk is what EVERY dr told me (about 13 of them).

NOW on the other hand I have a HUGE "pimple" on my left breast only on the outer ring of the areola next to the nipple itself. The pimple is swollen larger then the actual nipple and extraordinarily painful. I FINALLY pushed on it and it literally exploded with pus, blood, and God only knows what else. It was so forceful, it actually hit the roof of my gfs truck! It's been almost 24 hours and it doesn't hurt as bad but it still very painful. I called my dr and will update you when she says a dx... I totally feel your pain, its like cutting the breast off feels like the ONLY way to releive this. it's also beyond tender, swollen, hot, red, and did I mention tender? I haven't changed soaps, clothing types, haven't worn a bra nothing and it's still oozing pus and blood 24 later. the hot compress makes it feel a lil better but NOT ENOUGH!

breast wishes to all
ACORN

Hi, all. I think I'm the only male poster here, but I hear and understand what everyone is saying. I'm not a doctor, but I am a licensed massage therapist (nothing to do with this post, just to let you know I have some education in anatomy & physiology) and, more importantly, I have personal experience with cysts.

First, a cyst is a sac of fatty tissue and may retain a liquid, semi-liquid or pasty substance, usually white, and often has an unpleasant odor. If you squeeze one near the surface of your skin and pus or blood is expelled, chances are that it has that odor. It's kind of gross, really, but all you're doing is draining the sac, not removing the cyst. Chances are that if the mass has been there awhile, it has grown root system that you may not believe. I had a cyst removed from my eyebrow and its roots extended over four inches to the left and right of the mass! I know because I was awake when they removed it and could feel the roots dragging along beneath the skin. I also asked to see it after I was all sewn up. Yeah, incredible. I had that sucker in me for about 12 years.

Okay, now that you know what it is, you probably wanna know how it got there in the first place.

First off, causes are all over the place and nobody really knows for sure where yours came from -- it isn't just from too much sun or acid rain or because you were born on a Tuesday.

As many of you have pointed out, cysts are commonly found where frictional irritation takes place. So places like arm pits, lateral breast/chest where your arm (or underwire bra) rubs against it, your forearms where they sit on chair armrests, lower back where you lean against chairs, your chin where you rest it on something like a neck brace, a musical instrument (accordian, for instance) or your arms if you're in the habit of watching tv laying down; all of these could result in a cyst forming.

Some people are more prone to getting them than others. Could just be in your makeup, your DNA. They can appear anywhere, really. Older people often get them, so do older animals -- dogs, cats, etc. If you have a pet who's nearly lived out their lives, you probably pet them and feel all these lumps and bumps in them. That's what they are.

Diet has been linked to susceptibility, but that's very generic. If you get one, you may get more over time. If you get two, you're probably susceptible. Cysts can be caused by other reasons besides diet and friction. They may also be considered more than just fatty deposits -- they can be tumors. To complicate things, these tumors can be benign or malignant. The only way to tell is by having them biopsied by a physician who will send it to a lab for diagnosing.

It's important in both sexes, but women especially, these days, that if you find a lump in your breast, you should have it looked after as soon as possible. Could turn out to be nothing at all and, hopefully, your trip to the doctor will be for naught. But the sooner it is seen to, the better. Most forms of breast cancer are highly treatable and methods are highly effective. But don't assume it's nothing --please!

You can get them inside your organs as well. Stomach, pancreas, uterine, even in your esophagus! They're random as hell.

So, you find a cyst and it's only a fatty mass. You may find that it is painful or not. Some are, some aren't. Being one or the other doesn't really make much difference except that you're probably more convinced to have it removed if it hurts. Either can be removed. They can be of varying feel -- soft and squishy or harder or more firm. They start small and typically grow, though not always. They're often slow-growers. Some may take months or even years to get to be any significant size. The one on my forehead was about an inch in diameter. One in my left breast right now is smaller than a pea, though it's been there for probably 20 years. The one in my right arm is smaller than a dime, but is only a couple of months old. I had one on my chin, the first one I ever got, and it was a little bigger than a pea over a year's time.

They are rather easy to remove, but it's difficult to be sure they've gotten it all. And if you have surgery to remove them, if the entire cyst and associated roots are not extracted, the material can float around your body until it attaches and regrows again.

So, there you go! Weird bodily functions at work. Again, folks, find a lump in your breast? Have it checked out. They may or may not show in your mammo's and you may be young enough not to get your first mammo for some years. Breast cancer doesn't know or care about your age. Please get it checked.
~ Joel Kouyoumjian, LMT
Manchester, NH

Im 14 and this relllly rellly scares me! i got one right under my nipple on my leftboob, and it ahs got little alot scinc 3 months but i squezzed it and with stuff came out then clear then red?? and now nothing but the bump is still there. and im toos cared 2 tella a docter and my mom ! HELP ME PLEASE!

hi! I'm also 14 and I found a lump in my left boob. I was soo scared it was breast cancer but was too afraid to tell anyone... So I just squeezed it today after I took a shower and this thin yellowish stuff came out. It wasn't like your peoples... It didn't smell it wasn't white, and it didn't look like a pimple. Do I have the same thing as you all? Or what could it be??? Help me please!