Puss Excreting from Nipples

Health Advisor
You should better see a doctor to have this evaluated. There are a few possible reasons raging from infections, non-cancerous tumors in the breast or brain (don’t want to scare you but it could be), increased prolactin levels influenced by another disorder, etc

Prolactin is a hormone made by pituitary gland and it’s levels are increased during pregnancies and breastfeeding when women are lactating. If a woman experiences nipple discharge when she is nor pregnant or breastfeeding, elevated prolactin levels are casued by another thing.

You should know that cancerous causes usually cause discharge in just one nipple, as well as some benign tumors. You reported having the discharge in both, right?

You also may have problems with your nipple ducts.

High prolactin levels can also cause menstrual irregularities. This can be also caused by problems with thyroid gland.

You need to see a doctor who will order proper tests to determine what this could be as there are many options.

i have the same problem. i'm 15, soon 16, and almost a year ago i noticed puss sort of stuff coming out of both of my nipples. at the time when i first noticed this, i had a rash on my body similar to it, but that all went away. its almost like they're all little zits or something that dont go away.

i never really thought twice about it. i just figured it was normal? i'm not sure. do i need to have it checked out by a doctor? is it something serious?

dude wth. im 17 and i have the same thing! i think im going to go to the doctor's soon. it's kinda freaky...cuz it could be something serious and i bet there are a lot of girls out there with simliar problems that just ignore it, i was just going to leave it alone but i'd rather have it checked out before it's too late. to tell you the truth i feel a little better to know im not the only one. so thanks :-)

im 15, and i have the same problem, i am very worried and i dont wont to go to the doctors as i am embarrased and i work there wich is highly embarrasin. could this be serious...?

im 14 and i had this thing on my nipple so i squeezed it and sume puss came out and i duno why it happened

im 15, and my left boob has been sore for a few weeks. i think it is connected to my excema (as i have it on my hands and knees). I have an excema-like rash on that boob and it has gone crispy and the skin falls off. also really bad pus keeps coming out of it and its red. what do you think this could be? bad excema, infection or what?

I also am fifteen. I recently found this round, hardened spot above my left nipple. Sort of on the aureole I was really scared that it could be cancerous. I told my mum about it, and she said it could be a blocked milk duct. I was worried, though,because I'm not pregnant and I would have no other reason for that.

Anyway, I took a really hot shower and massaged it for a good 45 min, along with hot compresses.. and like, all this yellow pus and brown goo came out. Along with a little blood. Needless to say, I'm scared out of my mind! I think I'm going to call the doctor's tomorrow.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with boob problems, but I wish we didn't have them.
Good luck to all of you!

i am 41 with the same problem two days ago i went to the gym and starting exercising which brought the boobs to a point where discharging from both nipples has been happening for two days now. i massage them in thee hot shower to find puss and blood after squeezing, unsure what is wrong even after seven years of not having kids.

yea i just got out of the shower and i found out that was happening. i dont know if i should go to a doctor i will see how it goes

Im 15 and my breast is red and itchy, sometimes p***y,
Is this serious??
How do i approach the doctors with this? Really embarrassed. :-(

No worries for alarm. These ducts you are squeezing are called Montgomery's Tubercles. They produced oil that keeps your nipples from drying. Its normal.

I am a 42 yr old woman last child was 12 years ago, it seems i have had this problem too, but mine is reocurring, I haven't seen doc since they lanced a zit on my nipple that was the beginning they never fully got the zit out my right nipple swelled up and then it yes it burst! I have a scar where the pus broke through the skin leaving a hole which later closed on its own. Green pus came out it smelled like the bottom of a dumpster, had a double breast infection, got antiboitics for it cleared it up now its back in the left nipple this time i have two more zits, the right breast is now starting to show the same pus filled nipples with hard nodules. i always had lumpy breast so what is causing this to reoccurrance? Should i just have a mastectomy?

I don't think that you should have a mastectomy because you have some puss but I do think it might be a good idea to see a doctor about it because it sounds like a continuing issue. Maybe see a gynecologist or a dermatologist to help you with the issue specifically, okay?

I am 15 and I have had this since I was 13 on my left nipple, it comes and goes, going for moths at a time and it has been gone for a while but it has just come back. I found this thread while googling for answers. It has never been bad enough to leak really. It just sits on it. I've never seen a doctor or even told anyone