I had my first mamo and thought nothing of it until they called and said I needed to have an ultrasound. They call me on a Friday and the ultrasound was not until the next week. I just tried to go about my business as usual. The ultrasound still didn't show what it definitely was, so I had to have a biopsy and it turned out it was a cyst in my breast. Am I going to lose my breast?

I have cysts in my breasts also and have had numerous tests to make sure all is fine since my grandmother had both breasts removed and my mother has had a fatty lump removed from her breast at 45. I make sure my doctors checks my cysts and I call whenever something seems different. I started having ultrasounds at 25 and had my first mammogram at 35 and I think for someone with fibrous breasts, the ultrasounds weren't much better than the mammograms. But, I don't mind the 10 minutes of so of pain or discomfort if it means that I don't have to go thru the pain of having a breast removed.