Hi, I am a 21 year old female and I have two small skin coloured lumps under my skin. I have one on my chin and one on my forehead, they developed after I had a recurring spot in those regions. My doctor said he thinks these are sebacous cysts. These cysts have not become inflamed and are not causing me any physical discomfort, however, the are unsightly and i have become self conscious and depressed as a result of them. My doctor said that i could have a sebaceous cyst removed but that the scar would be quite large. Is there anything else at all I can do because these are really damaging my confidence. My sister said she had something similar and she was given a solution to apply and till the lumps became hard and then she had to file them down. Thank you for your time.

Hi there, i'm a 36 year old male who had one of these cysts removed in 2005. I had a facial sebaceous cyst develop on my right cheek and i went to my doctor to have it assessed. It was quite unsightly as it got big and i was pretty worried about it. He told me that it would have to be removed and assured me that the surgical procedure was nothing to worry about. I had to go into hospital to get the procedure done, it took about 10-15 minutes or so, and i didn't feel a thing..nothing! They numb the area with a local jab(you don't even feel that because they numb the area with a topical gel first!) I was given 5 stitches and i can assure you that your scar will fade considerably over the next few months. I feel that you will probably have to have these cysts removed, but i can completely assure you that the procedure is minor, i wouldn't worry in the slightest.

:'( :-( :-( %-) I have cystic acne or Cong Labata. It is chronic and is resistant to any antibiotic and even Acutane. The only thing I have found to take the inflamation away and to help the areas+++, to scab over is a product called Collodiol Silver jel. It is a natural antibiotic and has been used for years even before Penicillin was made. Frankensense and Lavender pure oils helps to. It is a frustrating battle. It has taken me one year ,lots of drugs(prescriptions)and horrible side affects due to the prescriptions to find something that is helping. Remember the drugs the doctors give you taken over a period of time is a double edged sword, they almost killed me. I went down to 89lbs, my face was wrotting off, I could'nt walk, see, Ihad uncontrollable muscle spasms. Remember this is'nt a medical condition, it is the side effects of all (eight, to be exact) prescriptions they had me on to heal my face and the other drugs were to control the side effects of the antibitics, acutane, muscle relaxers and on and on. Doctors are not Gods. Listen to your body and your mind or you will pay the price not them. Alot of the problems are from Candida, Fungus, And Parisites which can be treated naturally, but takes time. There is no quick fix.

A friend of mine gave me a cream for a rash that i had on my neck.The rash went away in three days .So when i developed one of these hard to get rid of cysts i tried it on it ,what took months ,scarring and mental suffering to get rid of wet away completely in one week.It is called Fluocinonide and you need a prescription .It WORKS!

:( I have a lump on my right cheek and my Doctor told me it is a Sebaceous Cyst, its not huge but I keep picking at it. I punctured it and got all of the fatty looking stuff out of it once and have picked at it for the last 6 months.
I just decided that I should get it removed and went to another Doctor who told me that it is a small cancer, it actually looks like a carcenoma at the moment but I think that is from picking at it. I have had it for 6- 12mths and it deffinately didn't look like one in the beginning, I have had two carcenomas removed from my left arm, they came up in about 1 week. I don't really want a scar on my cheek.
Is there any other way and what is it??? :?

I always love to learn more about natural treatment for medical conditions. Thank you so much for sharing this. Absolutely frightening - but good info to know!

I have cystic acne and have never had one of them removed, i find if you dont poke and prod at it it hides under the skin like any other pimple just bigger and putting toothpaste on it (if skin is a little broken) will help draw out most of the puss, I've probably had 50 of them in the last 6 years ever since i began getting them and ive done modelling, gone out in public and even been on dates without any trouble just DONT PICK IT!!! it WILL dissipate over a week sometimes even a couple days, i know its annoying but definitely not worth having your face stitched together because they ARE reoccuring and the more you touch them the more they travel to a new spot and chill under the skin till they come poking up to conversate again!! it IS very hard on the esteem but the stitch scars will be even worse for it. You just need to think positive and avoid putting any make up or moisturizer on it till it heals, its just a huge pimple but if you dont touch it wont pop or scar or get a white head, good luck and remember you're only human! sh*t happens! lol it only becomes a problem when you cannot laugh it off with confidence =)
-said with experience!