why is there clear liquid coming from my nipples when i squeeze them?

Some women do notice a discharge from their nipples. It is normal and healthy — it's the body's way of keeping the nipple ducts open. It even happens to some guys.

The discharge may look like very thin milk, or it may be clear or light green, greyish or light yellow.

Women who take birth control pills may have this discharge. It can happen during sexual arousal and at certain times in the menstrual cycle.

It is important to keep nipples clean by washing with warm water and soap so the discharge won't dry and build up.

If the discharge changes, has pus or blood in it, or if it is brownish in color, visit your clinician — this change may be a symptom of an infection.

How this helps y'all
Wendy

Well I'm assuming the OP is a male?
When I was 14-15 the same thing happened to me. For some reason I was just thinking about this and had to search google for 'why?'.
I'm 31 now and this doesnt happen anymore. *squeezes* "nope"
I cannot find a definitive answer.

I was hoping it was cleaning toxins by doing this. If i was 15 again i'd take the liquid to a lab and test it out..... perhaps its just water with a bit of hemoglobin in it.

This is called galactorrhea. I've had this happen since I was about 17 years old. My doctor was concerned about the possibility of a prolactin producing tumor on my pituitary gland. They did blood work but everything was normal. Turns out, antidepressants as well as birth control pills can have this as a side effect. As well as a number of other meds and conditions.

There is some good info at this link:
http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/women/reproductive/breast/673.html

Hi, wow I didn't realise this is common and was actually a bit worried. It only happens in one nipple though, what do you think that means?

I have this problem too, and only in one nipple as well.

Im barely 15 years old & I Have This clear Liquid coming out coming out of my nipples. And My nipples are Pink/Red & I dont know what to do!
H E L P ! ! :$

im 14 and this happens, my right nipple, and its dark green?

Oh man. I'm so relieved I'm not the only one! I'm 16.. and I asked my friends about it.. and none of them had this happen so immediately, of course the first thing I thought was, "BREAST CANCER!" so I researched. This has been happening ever since I hit puberty which was around age 12. I wasn't, and am not on anti-depressants or birth control though, but I'm so happy to hear this!.... the color freaks me out though! ! :O XD :-P :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

I HAVE THIS CLEAR LIQUID COMING OUT OF MY NIPPLES........IM 15 & I MIGHT BE PREGNANT IS THIS NORMAL? ?

Im a guy i dont need the ducts in my nipples clear whats up with this

yesterday i pressed my breast and saw clear water coming out of them,i was really scared.

but when i checked this website i discovered that it is part of hormonal changes in a lady,

i cant tell u how relieved i feel.thanks

Hey, i'm 22 and all of the sudden i squeez my nipple and a little bit of clear fluid comes out. i'm not sure what's going on...can anyone help?

i just turned and i got out of the shower and noticed there was liquid coming out of my nipples, as i squeezed my breats more of the liquid would come out. i'm not sure but one looks like it has pus but i wouldnt have a real clue. HELP please. I'm to embarrassed and ont know what to do!

alright my nipples are killin me cuzz of dis im anything for that