Hey I'm 14 and I'm worried about my breasts. Sorry if this is disturbing or anything, anyway, I sometimes look up my symptoms to illnesses and then end up worrying I have something seriously wrong with me even if I don't but this particular problem is getting on my nerves. A few months ago I noticed weird yellow stuff coming out of my right nipple so I thought hmm? I googled it and couldn't find anything apart from pregnant women having the same problem (I'm definitely not pregnant) so I just thought oh well and ignored it, then during a later shower (few months ago) I felt a lump in my right breast. It doesn't hurt at all and I don't know how long it's been there for, I started to panic but later found out it's common in girls of my age and it's probably just a cyst so I relaxed. Eventually I told my mother and she said she would get me in the doctors in the new year, she also said when she was little she had lumps and went to the doctor and they said it was normal and just tissue so I probably have what she has so I was feeling relieved. Sadly my friends parent recently got diagnosed with breast cancer so I've been worrying out of my mind just how real the illness is. Anyway I'm going to the doctors soon but just last night I felt a weird tingling kind of throbbing in my nipple but I don't know if it was just my imagination? Once again I googled it and it came up with pregnant woman things and I can assure you I'm not pregnant. There's only one lump in my right breast and my right nipple still has the weird yellow crusty thing, but no pain. I do feel discomfort when I take my bra off but that might just be the feeling of not having a tight bra on anymore. I'm scared on what it is and if I should be worried, I am going to the doctor soon but I'm still nervous should I be worried? :( thanks for help

Hi there

Here is information you need -

Bloody nipple discharge is never normal. Other signs of abnormality include nipple discharge from only one breast and discharge that occurs spontaneously without anything touching, stimulating, or irritating your breast.

Color isn't usually helpful in deciding if the discharge is normal or abnormal. Both abnormal and normal nipple discharge can be clear, yellow, white, or green in color.

Normal nipple discharge more commonly occurs in both nipples and is often released when the nipples are compressed or squeezed. Some women who are concerned about breast secretions may actually cause it to worsen. They do this by repeatedly squeezing their nipples to check for nipple discharge. In these instances, leaving the nipples alone for a while may help the condition to improve.

Based on your medical evaluation, your doctor will determine whether your nipple discharge is normal (physiologic) or abnormal (pathologic). Even if your doctor determines your breast discharge is abnormal, keep in mind that most pathological conditions that cause nipple discharge are not serious and are easily treated.

Worrying may aggravate a situation. Since you now have a tingling sensation and a discharge from nipple - conduct a self-breast-examination while standing in front of a mirror - you can google the topic for hints and guidelines. Note any breast changes, lumps and all signs that are not normal and have a healthcare provider examine you, Good luck

Thank you for the information :)