Why is beer packaged in glass while soda/pop/Coke is packaged in plastic? Isn't plastic easier and cheaper to recycle than glass?

Maybe it doesn't taste good, I didn't like it in aluminum cans. I always tried to get it in the tall neck bottles and I had a grocer who ordered Pabst in those bottles for me. Cans and short neck bottles make you look like you peed your pants when you drive with them between your legs.

Yes, but it's been a harder sell to beer consumers to switch to plastic. Beer in a glass bottle just seems to taste better. The plastic bottles have been quite a hit at sports stadiums/arenas, but that is only because beer at sporting events used to come in a plastic cup (many places still do this).

I certainly understand the plastic ones because broken glass isn't any fun to walk on and people are really animals, breaking bottles wherever it will be the most damaging.

Because somethings just belong in bottles.

Probably because the players would rather get a plastic bottle thrown at them instead of glass :?

I would rather buy anything in glass, when you put plastic c**p into a bottle it has so many imperients inside it that is bad for your body. I value my body don't u? I do.. so do not buy anything in plastic, do not microwave it, nothing... use only glass but glass that has been made within the last 20 yrs not something made in 1945. that has more lead in it it can cause you to have problems in your liver and enezimes in your body.. use only glass.. and drink out of a paper straw.. no plastic.. anything plastic is bad for the enivoronment and your own body.. take eveyrhing out of plastic throw it away or use it for a dish try for the plants.. do not share with no one else.

The plastic is obvously much safer (for players and fans alike), and cleanup is much easier as well.

My point exactly. I see so many broken beer bottles in the gutter every day. That's what got me wondering.

Why do you think there is lead in older glass? The only glass I know of that had lead in it was the glass used in color picture tubes made after 1973 or 74. That's the year the EPA made them add lead to the picture tube glass to contain the supposed excessive x- radiation. We in the TV business were a little unhappy about that because it was expensive so it added the price of a TV set and most of us considered that x-ray excuse to be a giant hoax. It also lowered the brightness coming out of the front of the tube when we were just beginning to overcome having to watch TV in a darkened room.

Ever seen a bar brawl with plastic bottles? it's the most pathetic thing EVAH!!!

Here I thought it was because it was easier for my husband to tear the label off of glass...

plus you cant do the break the glass on the counter to make the sharp top thingy

The alcohol would eat through the plastic

Yep!!!!!! Got a point there