so, my name is Charlotte and I am 47 years old. I never was a healthy, but I was fine. the only problem that I was diagnosed with recently is a congestive heart failure but I am dealing with it good so far. but, whenever I drink just one, ONE glass of wine, I start to have this chest pain that really bothers me and scares me. why does this happen? why do I have a chest pain whenever I drink a glass of wine and I can say that I am not drinking wine that often? any idea? I believed that wine is good...

hi there. have you visited your cardiologist lately for some new tests? because, if you have heart issues, I think that you should do that at least once a year. chest pain after drinking alcohol can be a sign that there are more things to worry about. that is why you should visit your doctor. sure, you can live with this failure, but you should live healthily or at least, as much as this is possible. if you have heard that glass of wine is good and that it can't make a damage, well, in this case, it can. consult your doctor about this once again, but if you feel pain, you should quit alcohol totally. 

Hi. For someone with heart issues, two glasses of alcohol can make a huge damage. Every next heart complication is lower if you are avoiding alcohol. So, basically, you have a chest pain because that is because your heart is not used to consume alcohol - at least, not anymore. Actually, this is just one of the symptoms that show that you are dealing with certain heart problems. My advice is that you should leave alcohol for a while and see what is going to happen. If you don't have this chest pain anymore, then the only problem in your case was alcohol. If you are having that problem without consuming alcohol than you should check your doctor soon. 

but I was so sure that a glass of wine can't do a damage, especially if we are talking about red wine. I am aware that any type of alcohol can speed your heart rhythm, but I think that there is something else, why you are having this pain. I was reading a lot of researchers about this issue since I am a person who also has heart issues. well, it seems that a glass of wine or even two glasses of wine can help patients who have heart issues and who had a heart attack before. that is why I believe that quitting with alcohol, even if we are talking about one glass, is not an option. I agree that you should check with your cardiologist what is going on, to do some checks and tests, but I think that there is more to it than this glass of wine.

Hello there. First, I would like to thank you for all of your advice. I also believed that I have this issue because I had this glass of wine. So, I stopped. I was not drinking alcohol for a couple of days and this pain returned. Not that long, not that persistent, but it was there. Anyway, I believed that this is not because of the wine, so I took another one. Another glass 15 days after, and this pain has returned. Now, I really don't know what to think. Is it because I had this glass of wine or it as something other, was this glass of wine just one of the causes why this happens than? I am confused, I can tell...

Celebrity

Look, it seems that something is wrong with you and I believe that this glass of wine only speeds up this whole procedure causing a pain to you. Anyway, I don't know what you have heard about this, but I can tell that moderate wine intake never helped or harmed somebody. I know what you can say, that you do know that drinking red wine in normal amounts improves some measures of cardiovascular health, which is true, but it is not true in case if you have cardiovascular issues. If you do feel this sharp pain without drinking a wine or any other alcohol, you should check it. 

Simply, because alcohol is not good for you and you are don't tolerate it at all. That is why one simple glass of wine is causing a lot of problems for you. I was also reading that moderate drinking can reduce a heart issue risks, but I am not that convinced at this. I am not drinking alcohol ever since I was diagnosed with depression and I can't describe how this is good for me. I don't even want to imagine what can happen to me, my heart and my health with alcohol. I don't even want to try it, trust me. 

Hi there.
I am reading all your posts and I can say just one thing about it - alcohol can make a damage to you, your health and your heart if you have a weak heart. Anyway, I was drinking so much alcohol when I was at the college, but that is when I was young and I think that I was able to stand it. I continued with alcohol even if I noticed that my heart beats a bit faster than usual. So, that was a mistake. I shouldn't drink, not even one glass of wine or some other drink. I went to a cardiologist and he told me that my heart is really weak and enlarged and that alcohol intake can only do the damage.